For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal & Linux

for Unreal & UnrealTournament
Smirftsch
Administrator

Unreal & Linux

Post by Smirftsch »

8) - after playing Unreal now for a few weeks on my Linux-from-scratch i can say it's running very stable and with equal performance to windows under a linux environment with the windows-emulator wine. Even the audio is working perfectly. I experienced  only a very few crashes of  Unreal - far less i ever had with any windows platform. Ued isnt working yet, but i guess its a problem of the visual basic runtime environment - maybe  i can find a way.. Running a server is possible , with no ping disadvantage. Absolutely stable too.

Last edited by Smirftsch on Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Homer

Re: Unreal & Linux

Post by Homer »

I got two questions:
a) what wine version did you use, the "normal" from codeweavers or the DirectX-modified "WineX" from Transgaming?

b) Does it work with your OpenGL patch?
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

since i'm using my opengl patch for playing unreal (sure, what else ? :) ) i don't need winex. That should be the answer for both questions ;)
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Homer

Post by Homer »

yep :-)
EAGLE_CoMa
OldUnreal Member

Distribution?

Post by EAGLE_CoMa »

Hi Smiftsch:)

Which linux disribution do u use ?
I am not sure about buying Suse8.1, cause i.e. mandrake iso's are for free and the suse8.1 download i got , doesnt work.
I only have suse7.1 working.
UnrealThrasher

Post by UnrealThrasher »

Unreal runs great under wine and winex using the opengl patch.
I run it on Slackware 9.1 and Redhat 9. Alot faster on slack though.
So far all of the wine builds I have used, unreal has worked on.

Return to “Linux-Board”