For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

UnrealEd 2.2 browser not working

UnrealEd 2.1 (227i) and UnrealEd 2.2 (227j), for Unreal 227. With many additions, bugfixes and improvements. Ask mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks.
artifechs

UnrealEd 2.2 browser not working

Post by artifechs »

I'm modding Deus Ex using UnrealEd 2.2 on Linux using Wine, but the issue I'm having is also present in virtualised Windows 7 and XP.

UnrealEd 2.2 is stable and a joy to use, but the master browser isn't working. It works in UnrealEd 1 (from the official SDK) and 2.0 (from the DX Editing Pack), but they are both bogged down with so many other issues that using them for any length of time is unfeasible.

When I click any of the browser buttons (actor/texture/etc.) nothing happens. No blank window, no error message in the log window, nothing. How would I go about tracking down and solving this issue?

Thanks for your time
artifechs

Re: UnrealEd 2.2 browser not working

Post by artifechs »

Solved. My laptop screen was too small for the default config. Changing the X= values in UnrealEd.ini to something lower fixed it.

Return to “UnrealEd 2.x, the Unreal 227 editors”