For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

HATSHEPSUT.UNR

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

HATSHEPSUT.UNR

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Alas two old Unreal 96/97 maps got recovered.

DMHatshepsut/HATSHEPSUT
and CryptHUBVALLEY.UNR

IMG_20240125_175734.jpg
IMG_20240125_175649.jpg
Wait a minute...why is my HUD not displaying and my weapon? AAAH
THAT'S BETTER.
MUCHBETTER.jpg
LOL OF COURSE I'M PULLING YOUR LEG HERE!

For a change. LoL

:D ;D :D ;D

No but really...those are actually old photos from when I was in Egypt for one week in 2003. Those are not the proper digitazed versions just photos of a photo, little bits of stuff left my mom had that she then took it with her phone.

Either way that guy looking to the camera at that pillar, that used to be me obviously.

Also....what the hell is this..is that guy trying to run away from the rest or what? so different compared to the rest..on the wall. lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: HATSHEPSUT.UNR

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Lol as for that guy...I meant this...on the wall..couldn't attach another attachment for some reason so I'm making separate post.
guyescape.png
He's like "NO GET ME OUTTA HERE"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gamesharder
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gamesharder »

Guys, this Hat-She-Puts map is really cool, gotta say

I had to.
And yeah, I read HatShePuts when I first saw it lol
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Gamesharder wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:08 pm Guys, this Hat-She-Puts map is really cool, gotta say

I had to.
And yeah, I read HatShePuts when I first saw it lol
Lol with that edit it looks like it could really be made into a map. But that picture is not hatshepsut but instead valley of kings...its all relatively nearby. Serious Sam takes place there too but I don't like the serious sam version as outside of some famous shots/outside view its nothing like the real thing. While the Unreal maps by John Anderson actually seemed to be inspired by genuine architecture instead of making up stuff on the spot (despite seemingly featuring real world locations) like Serious Sam did.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

gamesharder also made a second image on my request...what temple is it without those mantas anyways?

But yea really..Dr. Sleep's maps actually were architectually acurate to real world locations even if he didn't make real world locations and was just inspired by the architecture. I do find that to be remarkable honestly that in his work (also in Daikatana for the greek levels, even though the final game has it only based on his work and some of it got cut) he managed to capture that spirit.

Maybe there was a Nali Artifact or Tosc Artifact there somewhere in those temples....
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Yea well...those were special glasses I used to wear..because
MY VISION WAS AUGMENTED
Like..lol imagine if I put on my glasses it would start displaying an overlay with monsters and unreal items...like pokemon go on mobile but UNREAL GO. Unreal 1996 GO. In AUGMENTED GLASSES.

Those glasses had auto-coloration, if there was too much sun they'd go dark etc. In some photo you can see that, if there's enough direct sunlight, the glasses darken.

Either way I used to be often called Harry Potter so I changed my looks after a while because I got sick of it. But even then someone ended up calling me that once in the netherlands so I ended up not wearing glasses at all and learning to live without them. And without AUGMENTED VISION.

:D
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Luke gave me this enlightening comment on the pictures.
Very pretty places. For me I have a theory my own one for what also ancient
Egyptian Pyramids were build for as specific special shelter for mythical
very too hot weathers outside.
So now weathers are mythical too. :D ;D
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

the main talk of this thread

also some other stuff I saw:
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

there are some more photos (now with sliightly lower quality due to my mom having to change her phone when it broke these seem to have lower basic quality).

I'm not posting the originals now but gamesharder made an edit of one of them now so I might as well post it, there might be one more after this.
Because they are a bit humorous. The background has been replaced too with the typical late Unreal 96/early 97 sky lol.

Return to “Anything else ?”