For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Dogs & Cats

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Dogs & Cats

Post by EvilGrins »

The werewolf skin is one of the really good ones back from the days of UTskins (moment of silence) but it seemed a bit weird to me, as Team Colors for Blue and Yellow had a massive gash in its chest.
Still a great skin, but you can see the discoloration under the pants.

Decided to fix it up, took away the gash in its chest and gave it a decent pair of jeans.

Mostly, skin aside, I was kind of wanting to work on it for spare parts, case in point...

My recent attempt on medor's Santa skin, which didn't go so well... I thought it might've been an issue with the software, so I slapped together another skin on the fly to see...
...but that worked out nicely, so that obviously wasn't the issue.

I used a head from the DeadCatz database and took the arms off the werewolf and altered them to match the fur on the headpiece.

Turned out pretty well.

Enjoy!
· https://www.mediafire.com/file/mn331ap1 ... r_wolf.zip
· https://www.mediafire.com/file/9l217lg2 ... _panth.zip
OjitroC
OldUnreal Member

Re: Dogs & Cats

Post by OjitroC »

They're pretty cool thx

I've got the original Werewolf skin in a umod and haven't got around to using it yet - so I'll use yours first as I don't have a werewolf scriptedpawn and have been thinking about adding one - I have voice clips from the Space Marine Legion The Space Wolves that I can use.

The PantherMan is also a nice addition to the range of human/animal hybrids/mutants out there.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

there was an actual werewolf player model actually (for Unreal, not sure about UT but I think there was one too, yes I remember there was just a different one). Though I lost the one for Unreal but it was port of a quake 2 model, the video might be still on youtube from zarniwoop (not the same zarniwoop as jess crable lol). I used to have it though.

But yea...those soldierskin models...it doesn't look like dog and cat to me at all those skins, the first one looks like some monkey actually.

Also I wonder where those sonic and tails player models ended up...there was a whole mod with it being developed...casey and co. probably knows..just thinking of all kind of custom models from the 2000s that weren't on the mainstream sites.
OjitroC
OldUnreal Member

Post by OjitroC »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:08 pm there was an actual werewolf player model actually (for Unreal, not sure about UT but I think there was one too, yes I remember there was just a different one).
That's interesting - for UT, there are the FWolf and Aramale player models which could be described as werewolves - they're certainly wolves (the Aramale model has dog and fox skins as well as a wolf skin though). I'm not sure if they came from Quake2 - no readme for the FWolf model and the readme for the Aramale contains no reference to Quake which suggests that perhaps the model was made specifically for UT. Beyond those two I can't think of anything else (I certainly don't have anything else that comes to mind apart from a Wolverine model - not sure if that can be described as a werewolf).

There is a Female Werewolf player model for Quake2 which may or may not be the same as the FWolf (though the Quake one appears to have several skins) and a couple of Wolf models for Quake as well (one of which is described as a werewolf) - there's some sharing/repetition of skins in those two models. There may be others of course but those are the ones I have knowledge of.

Any other info on the possible UT werewolf model would be of interest.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:23 pm
Leo T_C_K wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:08 pm there was an actual werewolf player model actually (for Unreal, not sure about UT but I think there was one too, yes I remember there was just a different one).
That's interesting - for UT, there are the FWolf and Aramale player models which could be described as werewolves - they're certainly wolves (the Aramale model has dog and fox skins as well as a wolf skin though). I'm not sure if they came from Quake2 - no readme for the FWolf model and the readme for the Aramale contains no reference to Quake which suggests that perhaps the model was made specifically for UT. Beyond those two I can't think of anything else (I certainly don't have anything else that comes to mind apart from a Wolverine model - not sure if that can be described as a werewolf).

There is a Female Werewolf player model for Quake2 which may or may not be the same as the FWolf (though the Quake one appears to have several skins) and a couple of Wolf models for Quake as well (one of which is described as a werewolf) - there's some sharing/repetition of skins in those two models. There may be others of course but those are the ones I have knowledge of.

Any other info on the possible UT werewolf model would be of interest.
No the Female Werewolf was indeed the basis for the missing one I'm talking about.

It was a port of the quake 2 mod and now that's lost. I'm trying to find the video but the only thing I get is this

what the hell
I mean there's this channel called UnrealZarniwoop but I can't find any unreal videos on it anymore. Not sure if its the same one
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:23 pmI've got the original Werewolf skin in a umod and haven't got around to using it yet - so I'll use yours first as I don't have a werewolf scriptedpawn
There's actually a werewolf model, using Advanced Model Support, with a full on wolf head.
OjitroC
OldUnreal Member

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:06 pm There's actually a werewolf model, using Advanced Model Support, with a full on wolf head.
Yeah - forgot all about them - I am using one or two of them (Fluri and possibly Natlakee) but I think not the wolf. So thanks for reminding me.

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”