For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Weapon Throw Error Suggestion

regarding to your suggestion: here it is.
[C]Cerberus

Weapon Throw Error Suggestion

Post by [C]Cerberus »

As I understand it, the notorious weapon throw error occurs because the instant you throw the weapon you pick it up again, and Unreal is literally throwing it and picking it up again at the exact same time.
And since you can't get rid of it because you picked it up, it just keeps throwing it over and over again while picking it up again and again and get stuck in a loop.
Can't this be solved simply by preventing weapon pickup for a small period of time? Say, 0.5 seconds? The loop can't be formed, and the time period is so small it doesn't effect gameplay. Relatively simple to achieve and should fix the problem, no?
(Note: Sorry if this is the wrong section or the like.)
[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ
OldUnreal Member

Re: Weapon Throw Error Suggestion

Post by [§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ »

When does this error happen? It never happened to me. Sometimes I just can't throw the weapon cuz I pick it up again but never hit a loop. :-?
[C]Cerberus

Post by [C]Cerberus »

Far as I know it generally happens when playing the Infiltration mod. You'll try to throw a weapon but instead of throwing it the game just completely freezes. And in some situations it forces you to alt+ctrl+delete and restart Unreal, or completely freezes and forces a computer reboot.
[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ
OldUnreal Member

Post by [§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ »

OH MAH GAWD! It happened twice today! It is ironic or what? :o
Chaos13
OldUnreal Member

Post by Chaos13 »

Never happened with me. Bah.
Skydev = Chaos13 = Dimension4

Return to “Unreal4everBoard”