For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Shrinker makes comp crash

regarding to your suggestion: here it is.
Predalienator
OldUnreal Member

Shrinker makes comp crash

Post by Predalienator »

Everytime i use the primary fire of the Shrinker it crashes my pc when the entity is being shrunked.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Re: Shrinker makes comp crash

Post by Shivaxi »

NEED MORE INFO FOO'!!! Paste ur log here when that happens...and wat version of unreal do u have?
Image  Image
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Not sure, but i recall the schrinker does cause problems by definition, which i think is the reason you either have it active or not. At least i think there was something up with that "weapen" .

But a logfile would help alright, not for me, but for others with more knowledge here :)

But its a way cool mod, i think one of the best in Unreal.

You also may want to try the Crystal Castle mod, or Unreal4Ever :)
Predalienator
OldUnreal Member

Post by Predalienator »

Well whenever i use the shrinker to kill anything my comp crashes like blacks out and then restarts.Same for the razorjack it causes that too.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

Thats odd...thats never happened to me...i use GOLD...wat do u use?
Last edited by Shivaxi on Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image  Image
Predalienator
OldUnreal Member

Post by Predalienator »

Unreal version 226
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

er...which one? 226b or 226f ? :-?
Image  Image
Predalienator
OldUnreal Member

Post by Predalienator »

226 Final
Predalienator
OldUnreal Member

Post by Predalienator »

This has turned into a serious problem.Evry time i use the razorjack,shrinker,and the ripper from UT weapons mutator my comp crashes and then restarts.This is wierd coz i used to be able to fire the razorjack normally but now it crashes my comp.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

ok...heres some possiblilty's...

1. The mods ur using don't like 225 Final...which most likely isn't it...cause i've never heard of this before.

2. U need to re-install Unreal

or

3. Your a totall n00b (lol) just kdding :P

Ur best bet is to re-install Unreal...try it tell me if it worked.
Image  Image
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

Erm... if it is really Unreal / UT crashing here, it should never go as far as crashing so badly the computer reboots. This may be unrelated to the game itself and I would have the computer taken to someone knowledgable and have him take a close look on every piece of hardware in it. Mobos with bulged capacitators come to mind, overclocking (=BAAAAD) etc etc....

If you can play OTHER 3D CPU demanding games all right all the time for a greater amount of time then of course something is extremely odd about your Unreal/UT install...
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

Erm... if it is really Unreal / UT crashing here, it should never go as far as crashing so badly the computer reboots. This may be unrelated to the game itself and I would have the computer taken to someone knowledgable and have him take a close look on every piece of hardware in it. Mobos with bulged capacitators come to mind, overclocking (=BAAAAD) etc etc....

If you can play OTHER 3D CPU demanding games all right all the time for a greater amount of time then of course something is extremely odd about your Unreal/UT install...
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Yeah a crash that makes your computer reboot goes alot further than just a game crashing.

Also, and could have sworn i already posted that, but looking back seems i didnt  ::)

I was on the wrong foot, telling the shrinker had issues, i was incorrect, its the beamer having issues, my bad lol. Though i did not have time too look up what that issue was. But it could simply be that a beamer is being abused in the server instead of giving technical problems.

In any case my remark about the shrinker was wrong.

Predalienator
OldUnreal Member

Post by Predalienator »

I can run Unreal 2 without any problems and other new games.Its just Unreal,s razorjack and shrinker.

Return to “Unreal4everBoard”