For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Oldunreal INF SO Server

Anything related to the Infiltration-Mod
HeadShot
OldUnreal Member

Oldunreal INF SO Server

Post by HeadShot »

I've played on this server and I don't think any of the old players will really have the desire to play on it as is. There are a lot of things that just aren't like they should be in the minds of all of us who played it for so long. The MP5 is way too weak, movement speed is too slow, and the timer isn't good imo. I'd like the chance to modify the INI files or something so it's a more desired server to play on. Also, I know the patch has gone all the way to 227I now, but has there been too much work on advertising the game or trying to improve the graphics/models ? I can try to assist on advertising, but I gave up my interest in modeling & graphic design.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: Oldunreal INF SO Server

Post by Hellkeeper »

has there been too much work on advertising the game or trying to improve the graphics/models ? I can try to assist on advertising, but I gave up my interest in modeling & graphic design.
227i features static-meshes, emitters, weather generation, twice as many nodes as previously, improved BSP building, better OpenGl support. That's a nice pack of feature for mappers/modelers. The game itself now sports high-def shadows for meshes and models. Otherwise, graphics themselves have not been altered.
You must construct additional pylons.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

Headshot, if you want to modify the server, then you are more than welcome to do. Just contact me in any way ;)
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
HeadShot
OldUnreal Member

Post by HeadShot »

has there been too much work on advertising the game or trying to improve the graphics/models ? I can try to assist on advertising, but I gave up my interest in modeling & graphic design.
227i features static-meshes, emitters, weather generation, twice as many nodes as previously, improved BSP building, better OpenGl support. That's a nice pack of feature for mappers/modelers. The game itself now sports high-def shadows for meshes and models. Otherwise, graphics themselves have not been altered.
Yea I know the ability is there most def, I just wasn't sure if we had a group of people working on it. I've seen some of the UT3 map remakes, which I'm assuming can be fully imported with the new editor.

Smirf: Will do
Malth
OldUnreal Member

Post by Malth »

Did anything ever come of this? I just played on the server for a bit, and some changes really need to be made.

In addition to the changes suggested in the OP, the "you can only carry one weapon" rule needs to be removed or modified. It's a serious pain when your secondary runs out of ammo and you can't select it to throw it and pick up something else. Also, the AT4 shouldn't be considered a secondary weapon.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

well, somehow not yet. No idea why, but I don't think I missed him. Or did I?
Either way, my offer stays, if someone is willing to make a new setup, very welcome, I'm still just to busy right yet to play myself and to do it in a way an active player could do.
ROD.

Post by ROD. »

why does the original standoff mod have tiny bugs? it wont auto reload for everyone, they have to set a key and this isnt right. Would running ICD 1.4 help? or JGrass? or does the server need to be strictly 227 ? im using 225 unreal 1 for a server, and my client is 227 i unreal gold, but my friend oZ's client auto reloads just fine my serverpackages are inf.u and infskins , and command line is in the original standoff game type. also is it preferred I used ICD 1.2 or 1.4? please help.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

Why it is having bugs? Any software and any mod can contain. From what I remember ICD fixes some things, but can't say exactly what all, but I also can't remember the bugs you are mentioning here. Back then any server used ICD as well, so maybe its because of that and definitely worth a try. JGrass has nothing to do with it in any case.

For old infiltration only 225 is required, the new version here uses some 227 features, so its 227 only.
Last edited by Smirftsch on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oZ_INF
OldUnreal Member

Post by oZ_INF »

Oh yes I remember testing this with my friend Despair a year ago, It wouldnt reload automatically unless you set it in your standoff menu. It never did this with Nite owls server, but that was also 227 f. I tested it in 225 and 227 i , it seemed to do the same thing. not sure why exactly.
[C]smokedham
OldUnreal Member

Post by [C]smokedham »

Ur bitch azz shud come around sum time...

Return to “Infiltration-Board”