For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

RPI clan to host RealCTF events

Anything related to the Real-CTF-Mod
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

RPI clan to host RealCTF events

Post by TCP_Wolf »

http://www.newdefinitionsofpain.com/for ... php?t=2297

With some luck, RIP will be able to host more or less regular RealCTF events... at any rate, I will have my UBrowser peeking for the RIP server every Tuesday night now :)
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Re: RPI clan to host RealCTF events

Post by TCP_Wolf »

::) someone teach me to type, the header reads "RPI" clan dooohhh.... RIP :D :P :-X :-*
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Shambler
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shambler »

Oh nice! ;D
Once I get my comp with Unreal workin right I'll be lookin out for that server, definelty worth my time!
Darkskaarj_Elite
OldUnreal Member

Post by Darkskaarj_Elite »

ill be right with u lookin for theserver that is wehn i get bak for vacation ::) ;D
every night you hear a skaarj breathing next to you scream, and say over and over this is gotta be Unereal!
Xavious
OldUnreal Member

Post by Xavious »

So whatever happened about this then? I have never seen any CTF events on unreal 1 (so my ctf map i made kinda went to waste) and should there ever be one, i would surely like to participate...
As much as i try, i cannot seem to think of an interesting and amusing signature...I blame the stupid fools who stole all my ideas for decent signatures...

Fools...

I'll get you some day!
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Just play some at the RealCTF server. It has bots now and with some luck you'l see some human being playing as well.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

Yea that event went kinda RIP... no pun intended on the clan name but ???
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

RealCTF needs more players, many players don't know about it, because basic Unreal browser doesn't support it. But that players are lazy, because they can find it at all servers. Or they can download enhanced server browser by hyper.
Xavious
OldUnreal Member

Post by Xavious »

I stick by my belief that the main problem is download size. this affects popularity of RCTF in 2 ways:

1. Players have to do alot of work for themselves, there are too many complications in simply downloading everything from the server. Players not only need a place to download absolutely everything they need in one go, but they also need an easy way to install all these things and get playing.

2. Players playing on servers are susceptible to constant lag due to downloaders. This makes playing much less fun.

So taking into account these two things, is it any wonder that no-one is really playing RCTF?

And i think the argument that people cannot find servers is no longer valid, because there is a server which is constantly in the 'populated servers' list due to the bots it has.

I can see 2 possible solutions:

1. A special download server should be set up, where players can download, before entering the main server.

2. A new version of RCTF is released, featuring the bare-bones structure of a CTF game and none of this fancy crap it features at present.

I think i mentioned #2 once before, and Wolf commented on it, but i can't remember what he said anymore. It was probably something like "busy" or "SP@M."
As much as i try, i cannot seem to think of an interesting and amusing signature...I blame the stupid fools who stole all my ideas for decent signatures...

Fools...

I'll get you some day!
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Hmz. I remember this thread from another Unreal forum. I gave a reply about NoNameCTF

You can try to put on a NoNameCTF server, but I don't think there will be too much visitors. The main problem is in my opinion not the download but the fact that it's not visible under the standard UBrowser tabs. (So many players will not even notice that there is a CTF server)
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk

Return to “Real-CTF Board”