For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

AirSpeed upper-limit possible bug? Or MoveTo()?

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
ExpEM
OldUnreal Member

AirSpeed upper-limit possible bug? Or MoveTo()?

Post by ExpEM »

Working on a new pawn, noticed that MoveTo(Destination,AirSpeed) seems to have an upper limit. AirSpeed 400, AirSpeed 2000 and Airspeed 10000 make no difference. I have not tested extensively if other people want to look into it, otherwise I'll get back to this after I finish this current project.
-Finding new ways to break the engine since 1872.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Re: AirSpeed upper-limit possible bug? Or MoveTo()?

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

what PHYS mode is this pawn in under Physics? I do know theres a lot of native fuckery with physics modes behind the scenes.
ExpEM
OldUnreal Member

Post by ExpEM »

what PHYS mode is this pawn in under Physics? I do know theres a lot of native crappity smackery with physics modes behind the scenes.
PHYS_Flying.

You can replicate what I'm talking about by messing around with the AirSpeed of a Bird FlockPawn with bCircle = True. And timing how long it takes to complete a full circle, no observable difference at any speed over 1000.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

MoveTo also depends on MaxDesiredSpeed, maybe it's that?

[code]
Max(0.f, Min(MaxDesiredSpeed, speed));
[/code]
while speed would be AirSpeed in this case.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
ExpEM
OldUnreal Member

Post by ExpEM »

MoveTo also depends on MaxDesiredSpeed, maybe it's that?

[code]
Max(0.f, Min(MaxDesiredSpeed, speed));
[/code]
while speed would be AirSpeed in this case.
I had a tinker but no dice. That did however get me thinking about AccelRate which was the cuprite. It appears that Default.AccelRate prevents reaching AirSpeed when MoveTo is across small distances. Even when running through a constant chain of MoveTo. I really should have thought of this sooner.

Thank you!

Return to “Unreal 227”