For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

[227i] [D3D11Drv.4] HARD LOCKUP with non-UTXed HD textures combined with LH's Unreal HD mutator

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

[227i] [D3D11Drv.4] HARD LOCKUP with non-UTXed HD textures combined with LH's Unreal HD mutator

Post by Victor Delacroix »

No map will ever load with that combination. I'll retry later with textures packed into UTXes and another renderer but that combo as described in the topic title leads to a hard lockup and I had to initiate logout to force-close Unreal.
ahaigh01
OldUnreal Member

Re: [227i] [D3D11Drv.4] HARD LOCKUP with non-UTXed HD textures combined with LH's Unreal HD mutator

Post by ahaigh01 »

Hi,

The combination you list is the most demanding on resources, although I run the game like that myself. The non-UTX HD textures (HD4k Extreme Resolution V3 for the DirectX11 Renderer)
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealhdt ... d-textures
are very demanding on the video card and don't run well on an older video card. This may not be your problem however. Definitely try the UTX version HD textures and a different renderer to see what the result is.

Here are a few things I would try for D3D11 + external HD textures + UnrealHD 3.1 skins mutator

-Use the original utx textures along with external HD textures, otherwise if you you use HD utx with HD external you are replacing one set of HD textures with another. Performance is worse.

-Try deleting (back it up) your unreal.ini and use a fresh one

-Try playing with precache on or off in the DX11 renderer or turn off some of the demanding features

-Try re-applying the unreal 227i patch

-Try the lower-res version of the HD skins mutator
https://www.moddb.com/mods/high-resolut ... ty-edition

-Try a fresh install of unreal as a last resort
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Re: [227i] [D3D11Drv.4] HARD LOCKUP with non-UTXed HD textures combined with LH's Unreal HD mutator

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

I am not sure this is a 227 bug. Does it also do this on unreal gold (226b)?
ahaigh01
OldUnreal Member

Post by ahaigh01 »

The only time I ever got lockups like this with the external textures was when I patched a fairly bloated install of UT99 to 469a. Never seen it happen in Unreal. A fresh install fixed it. Could be with the renderer plus who knows what combination of mods and tweaks.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Post by Victor Delacroix »

D3D9, HD textures UTXed and this mutator: ANOTHER hard lockup. I'll try low quality edition and report back.

LQ edition also caused a hard lock. Tough luck. No Lightning Hunter mutator for me.
Last edited by Victor Delacroix on Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Unreal 227”