For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Editor 1 Empty Map when trying to open some maps

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Unreal Editor 1 Empty Map when trying to open some maps

Post by luke11685 »

When I'm trying to open for example Autoplay.unr map format file extension as one of game maps from Jazz Jackrabbit 3 alpha demo Unreal Editor 1 level scene is blank. Do you know why and how fix and solve this problem guys?
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: Unreal Editor 1 Empty Map when trying to open some maps

Post by Hellkeeper »

If it works like UEd 2.0 (it's been a while since I used 1.0), that means it lacks a package somewhere and aborts opening the map midway through.
You should be able to find what it's missing in editor.log (if it exists for 1.0).
You must construct additional pylons.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Post by .:..: »

Cmd: MAP LOAD FILE="C:\Users\£ukasz\Downloads\Jazz3\Maps\Autoplay.unr" REDRAW=OFF
Warning: Failed to load 'C:\Users\£ukasz\Downloads\Jazz3\Maps\Autoplay.unr': Can't find file 'C:\Users\£ukasz\Downloads\Jazz3\Maps\Autoplay.unr'
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file 'C:\Users\£ukasz\Downloads\Jazz3\Maps\Autoplay.unr'
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file 'C:\Users\£ukasz\Downloads\Jazz3\Maps\Autoplay.unr'
I'm guessing it doesn't like that special character in path name, try moving autoplay.unr to base directory: C:\
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

But Jazz3 folder and Downloads are already located in C:\ direction. So what's wrong with it? By the way Unreal Engine/Editor 1 is old and outdated, but still timelessly awesome so it's not my fault that it's not working properly. Speaking of bugs. I hope you don't blame me.
Last edited by luke11685 on Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

But Jazz3 folder and Downloads are already located in C:\ direction. So what's wrong with it? By the way Unreal Engine/Editor 1 is old and outdated, but still timelessly awesome so it's not my fault that it's not working properly. Speaking of bugs. I hope you don't blame me.
It's nobody's fault, old versions of the Unreal Engine are known for having problems using filepaths with special characters or spaces in them. In you case, the £ in 'C:\Users\£ukasz\' is probably preventing it to reach Autoplay.unr.

As dots advised, try moving Autoplay.unr to C:\ (so the path is C:\Autoplay.unr). If the editor then manages to open it, then you'll know that was indeed the root of the problem.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Okay sorry about that.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

So can you tell me exactly what went wrong?I checked my posting activity,but I'm not sure did I mention that model animations of Jazz,Turtle and Lizard went missing? I checked it in Unreal Model Viewer,but I found only some textures and nothing else in every unreal script located in System folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/p2lwwmni5 ... r.log/file
Last edited by luke11685 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

You should relocate the entire game. This £ character being in the path will cause even more problems down the line. Install the game in C:\Jazz3 and then resume your work. Otherwise, the game will keep failing at reaching its own resources.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

It seems I have no authority to download it in C:\ directory. I tried in D:\ directory and it's working now.
Last edited by luke11685 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
azn
OldUnreal Member

Post by azn »

If you name your user as Lukasz and not [ch321]ukasz it would work. Guess you are first person i know doing such stuff. No matter what your mother language is, system-wide names etc. should never have any language specific letters.
Last edited by azn on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

So today I started some reading of for example creating maps in unreal engine 1 however this error message popped-up and even downloading file and copy and pasting in right folder direction where I downloaded and extracted jj3d demo didn't help even running as administrator. I was trying btw. Any ideas how to fix it? It happened when I was trying to open classes list.
Last edited by luke11685 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Unreal 227”