For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Scale align texture?

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
ExpEM
OldUnreal Member

Scale align texture?

Post by ExpEM »

Is it possible to align textures to x/y/z axis with scaling applied?
What is the command?
If not currently possible, any chance of getting it added for 227 / 469? (sorry I know damn requests...)
Stead-Z
OldUnreal Member

Re: Scale align texture?

Post by Stead-Z »

Should work fine if you check the <Relative?> box in the surface properties window
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

ExpEM wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:43 am Is it possible to align textures to x/y/z axis with scaling applied?
What is the command?
If not currently possible, any chance of getting it added for 227 / 469? (sorry I know damn requests...)
There are commands for almost everything, you should read up on it. There are even scale up/scale down buttons someone made for ued2 for quick scaling, but all it does is execute those commands.

Either way I can tell you those commands myself as I used them countless of times for the psx project as the surfaces had custom scaling based on the differently sized textures. .

poly texscale relative uu=0.5 vv=0.5 for scale up
and down 2.0

For aligment it is poly texpan u= v=

With the psx maps it had to go like this:
take the same value and apply it the times scale and apply negative/subtracted value if scaling up instead, for example vpan 31 must become 16 in that case, so you do 31/2 and then you add that as a negative value so poly texpan u=0 v=-16

EDIT: Remember the time there was "Ballin'" meme around? Should make a SCALIN'!!! one.
ExpEM
OldUnreal Member

Post by ExpEM »

@SteadZ OMG! I never even noticed the "Relative?" check before! When on earth did that get implemented?

@Leo T.C.K Thank you, I've never found a resource that explains comprehensively enough on how to actually use said commands, most sites just list what the commands are without much explanation from what I've found.

I'll tinker and see what I can do!
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

ExpEM wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:43 am @SteadZ OMG! I never even noticed the "Relative?" check before! When on earth did that get implemented?

@Leo T.C.K Thank you, I've never found a resource that explains comprehensively enough on how to actually use said commands, most sites just list what the commands are without much explanation from what I've found.

I'll tinker and see what I can do!
As far as I know the relative check was always there even since the ued 1 days. just in different position or something but it was always there.

The command I posted also takes the "relative" argument.

The only new thing is that in the ou 227 patches you can see the stats of the surface properly, without needing to export to t3d and such.

That and the right click shortcuts for many things including the align to x stuff etc (which does not include panning but which is handy either way).

So yes if you first align it to x/y/z and then use the relative scaling it should work. for actual panning alignment you have to do all that multiplying/etc though as that's not done automatically.

Return to “Unreal 227”