For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

What is the current state of 227j?

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.

Moderators: ividyon, ividyon

ExpEM
OldUnreal Member

What is the current state of 227j?

Post by ExpEM »

All in the title, @ those in the know, how is the latest iteration?
Can we all please have an update as to how things are going?
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Re: What is the current state of 227j?

Post by Hyper »

It's still in development with frequent releases to beta testers. I still hope for a public release or beta release but that is not up to me to decide.

As tester:
227j_42 has been running stable for very long at my servers. A bunch of versions that came after were unstable but now everything feels rock-solid again with uptimes of many months without a single crash. So, from the viewpoint of me as beta tester (at game servers) the state is fine now.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

we've had some drawbacks lately, some nasty regressions, but right now it looks good. There will be at least one more internal beta now and I want to go through bug reports again to be sure we missed nothing critical.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
ExpEM
OldUnreal Member

Post by ExpEM »

Thank you both for your responses, I (and I'm sure many others) are glad to hear things are coming along!
Thank you for the work you do thumbsup
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

I'm in the same boat as Hyper here, though for me the crashes only stopped completely within the last month for my server, and uptimes are reaching levels comparable (if not better) than 227j_42's "gold standard". My uptime resetting is based on new builds coming out, not crashes -- which is absolutely a good thing.
Psychomorph
OldUnreal Member

Post by Psychomorph »

I hope we see it soon. Most players that I see playing Co-op do it on 227j servers. Lonely Co-op games these days.