For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

OGG/MP3 music plays back more quietly than Trackers

This forum is for the new audio renderer for UEngine 1 based games, like Unreal, UnrealTournament, DeusEx and Rune. Missing a Game? Want to develop yourself? Let us know!
Stead-Z
OldUnreal Member

OGG/MP3 music plays back more quietly than Trackers

Post by Stead-Z »

Hello hello

I apologise if I'm repeating a discussion that has been had before, but I couldn't find anything after a search so here I am anyway. I'm also sorry if this is the wrong section but hey ho

I've noticed (along with others) that the playback volume of OGG and MP3 music files in 227 is much more quiet than that of tracker modules and I was wondering if there is some sort of property that needs to be altered on the player's end or if this is in fact an issue with the audio renderers in general.

The alternative is putting full tracks into a tracker but this creates unnecesary large file sizes which I'd rather avoid.

Any ideas?
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: OGG/MP3 music plays back more quietly than Trackers

Post by Smirftsch »

Uuh, what version of ALAudio are we talking about here?
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.

Return to “ALAudio (OpenAL), FMOD (FMOD3 and FMOD Ex) or other new audio renderer for UEngine 1 Games”