For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Playing with terrain static mesh in 227i

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Teromen
OldUnreal Member

Re: Playing with terrain static mesh in 227i

Post by Teromen »

Just some screens for anyone interested. I didn't quit the map hehe. Its almost ready. Gotta tweak some things like paths and performance optimizations. The lighting is nearly done. I'll fix the texture seems when I split it into smaller sizes. Right now there are four 4096x4096 textures on the landscape. I'm gonna split that into 2048x2048 I think. Should be small enough. If anyone wants to test out the bot pathing and performance let me know.

Thanks for your time, take care.
Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Turboman. »

Man that looks awesome! I especially love the attention to detail with even those trees casting directional shadows. Can't wait to play!

I've toyed with staticmesh optimization before, so I could test the performance part if you like.
Last edited by Turboman. on Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Really good work here. Looking a console generation or two better just from that terrain. nice job.
Teromen
OldUnreal Member

Post by Teromen »

Thank you []KAOS[]Casey. I appreciate the kind words.

The map is being tested right now by a few fellas(lady too? no idea, no offense lol).

Is there anyone that is good at bot path-ing that would like to look at the map and give some pointers? The bots sometimes sit around, especially on low difficulty settings. Most of the lines are green, a few are white. The forced ones are white.

I've been playing it with INF(finally!) and it definitely needs more player starts and weapons. Stand-Off doesn't work on the current beta, gotta fix that. I'm guessing team player starts. Infiltration Death-Match works ok. Of note, I tuned the weapon layout for Serpentine, not Infiltration. Had to pick one, I'm partial. The INF mod definitely plays better than Serpentine. More evolved. Bots behave way better. I wish I could play the UT versions of Infiltration in 227i. For instance 2.85(my fav), right before they really enhanced it to be more realistic.

Edit: I was looking up path colors and found out the paths are blue(flying) on the terrain static mesh. Interesting. Gotta be a BIG problem lol.

Link https://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2 ... 1302459741

Edit: Update. Oh my, somewhere along importing/exporting static meshes I forgot to tag the terrain as path blocking...
Last edited by Teromen on Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”