For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

How to acquire unreal 200?

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
leanardoe

How to acquire unreal 200?

Post by leanardoe »

I want to mod/view an old game that was made using the Unreal engine. (Lemony Snicket's, don't ask why.) But I cannot find an editor that works with it, I'm hoping it's unreal 200, or a version that I can patch to using this page's downloads. However I cannot find the original unreal 200. Does anyone know where I can acuire an installation file for this?
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Re: How to acquire unreal 200?

Post by Hyper »

You may be able to find the old Unreal CD-ROM at sites like eBay.com. I cannot guarantee that this is version 200 tho. Unreal Gold is already patched to 226b but the original European Unreal CD-ROM is version 200.

Alternatively, you can try to find a torrent of this version, but in order to do that legally you need to have a license for the game already. This forum's policies disallow me to post any links to this content as it will be seen as warez to anyone who downloads it without a proper license.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

it might make sense for someone to write a diff patch for 220 to 200. I don't think i've ever had a copy lower than 220 in an american copy. I heard the 3DFX bundle copy of unreal could be 200 and with some extra maps (i believe the extra map pack for this is for download here on this site)
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

The only time I've heard of Unreal 200 is, as Casey said, with the 3DFX bundle. I've never got my hands on it, nor do I know anyone that has. Maybe it's a unicorn.
:)
Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
:-)_~
Integration
OldUnreal Member

Post by Integration »

Dumb question: how do you determine which version you have installed in case of older Unreal versions? I always wanted to know which version I bought back then. It shipped with DirectX 5, so it's probably an older one (pre220 so much I can say at least).

edit: Turboman's advice worked. The firstrun parameter in the unreal.ini file is 205, so that seems to be the version number. I bought Unreal about 2 years after its release (no box, just jewel case for what would be less than 10€ nowadays), so I wonder why I got such an old version. And the old version was probably the reason why only Software Rendering was working and why the Editor didn't work at all.
Last edited by Integration on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

During the initial install the install splash usually shows the version. Or the label for Unreal in the Apps settings? Install it and read the About?
Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
:-)_~
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Dumb question: how do you determine which version you have installed in case of older Unreal versions? I always wanted to know which version I bought back then. It shipped with DirectX 5, so it's probably an older one (pre220 so much I can say at least).
I think this is mentioned in the Unreal.log file.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Turboman. »

Wasn't the original US version v200? At least here in Europe the first version was v205, which is the version I had upon release. Iirc you couldn't find a version info anywhere, but you had to check the firstrun parameter in the unreal.ini file.

As far as running Lemony Snicket on 200, good luck trying that, from the looks of it it was more of a late UE2 early UE3 title which is almost a decade later engine wise. Your best bet would be running it in UT2003/4, UDK or some early UE3 title (GoW1?).
Last edited by Turboman. on Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
leanardoe

Post by leanardoe »

Wasn't the original US version v200? At least here in Europe the first version was v205, which is the version I had upon release. Iirc you couldn't find a version info anywhere, but you had to check the firstrun parameter in the unreal.ini file.

As far as running Lemony Snicket on 200, good luck trying that, from the looks of it it was more of a late UE2 early UE3 title which is almost a decade later engine wise. Your best bet would be running it in UT2003/4, UDK or some early UE3 title (GoW1?).
Do you know how I could get a copy of those?

Return to “Unreal General Forum”