For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Vehicles

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Unreal Vehicles

Post by .:..: »

This would be my first public release of this mod.
Download link: http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/Vehicles.zip (v 1.6)

Vehicles it contain:
U_Vehicles.Jeep (mesh by Jojje)
U_Vehicles.CivilCar
U_Vehicles.SportsCar (mesh by []Pcube[])
U_Vehicles.MicroSportsCar
U_Vehicles.TigerTank
U_Vehicles.SkaarjHoverJet
U_Vehicles.SkaarjSpaceJet
U_Vehicles.AirShip (mesh by Kajgue, aka. Ice-Lizard)
U_Vehicles.Submarine
U_Vehicles.UFO (idea by SoulRaver)

And VehicleFactorys (respawn points for vehicles):
U_Vehicles.JeepFactory
U_Vehicles.TigerFactory
U_Vehicles.SkaarjHoverJetFactory
U_Vehicles.SkaarjSpaceJetFactory
U_Vehicles.AirShipFactory
U_Vehicles.SubmarineFactory
To change their spawning vehicle class you can type "Admin set VehicleClass ".
To change respawntime for the vehicles type "Admin set VehicleRespawnTime ".

Updates on v1.6 on VehiclePhys:
*Fixed "nocanfire" online bug on UT.
*Added bumping/crashing sounds.
*Made running into other vehicles and monsters/players a little bit more realistic.

Updates on v1.5 on VehiclePhys:
*Fixed velocity replication on vehicles (when they move slowly that they arent "jumping" around that much).
*Fixed that on UT'99 CTF player drops the flag on enter a vehicle.
*Fixed that UT'99 arena mutators cant replace Driver's Weapon.
*Added full Quaternion math functions (special thanks to UnrealWiki for this).
*Using Quaternion I fixed the wheels "tilting" error on slopes.

Updates on v1.3 on VehiclePhys:
*Fixed a movement glitch on Wheeled car physics (when you accelerate in 1 direction, then hit deaccelerate it would turn around and keep moving in same speed).
*Fixed some memory leaks on vehicle base class.
*Improved physics on hills for Wheeled cars and Tread crafts (so they drive slower up on huge slopes while they move faster down the slopes).
*Fixed a bit the bot AI on AirShip, Submarines and Chopper crafts.

Updates on v 1.2 on VehiclePhys:
*Added better steering for wheeled vehicles.
*Fixed minor glitches.
On U_Vehicles:
*Added missing mesh for Jeep.
*Added inside view for Jeep and CivilCar.
*Fixed network bug on Airship mortars.

Updates on v 1.1 on VehiclePhys.u:
*Fixed the minor conflict with xCoop.
*Fixed that player can not switch seat to a non-excisting passenger seat.
*Fixed that player can not swap seat with other players (only bots).
*Fixed an aiming error with bots.
*Fixed that bots will still fire even if vehicle itself dosent face straight toward enemy.
*And some other minor things I can't remember.

Heres full version of the 3 Unreal 2 vehicles now:
U2Vehicles.Raptor
U2Vehicles.Juggernaut
U2Vehicles.Harbinger
U2Vehicles.Bulldog
U2Vehicles.RaptorFactory
U2Vehicles.JuggernautFactory
U2Vehicles.HarbingerFactory
U2Vehicles.BulldogFactory
Download from here: http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/U2Vehicles.zip (v 1.1)

Changes on U2Vehicles v 1.1:
*Added Bulldog from UT2003.
*Fixed a script warning flaw on Raptor.
*Gave all the vehicles better exit offsets so you dont get run over by the vehicle when you exit it.

P.S: Not to worry, I will still make new version(s) over this to fix some possible bugs.
Last edited by .:..: on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
Zeke
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal Vehicles

Post by Zeke »

Ownage! Installing now!
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Nice work.

I still have some suggestions, let me know if you agree:

The Raptor: Nice to see the model in, even with rotating wheels. In u2XMP the raptor is much smaller and a bit faster. It is meant as the quickest vehicle with relatively low armor and medium firepower.

The juggernaut (u2 tank) is much larger, quite slow and has good firepower.

Extra features (low priority of course) The raptor has a grinder which hurts (gibs) unfortunate pedestrians. Cannons can be controlled with mouselook.

Bug: Sometimes when you exit a vehicle, I was unable to move.
Last edited by Hyper on Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
bluedruM
OldUnreal Member

Post by bluedruM »

Dots, you are the God of mods :D
I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself....
OldUnreal Member

Ok.. it has been confirmed that this vehicles mod does not work very well on current version of xCoop, due to something keeps enabling player collision on that mod again (which means vehicle will run over the driver whenever vehicle bumps into something).

@ Hyper.nl, I'd rather not change the scale becouse then I'd have to figure out all coordinates and stuff again, but I can make the vehicle faster. As for the grinder, I think I'll leave that out for now becouse I'd require some good quaternion functions to get the rotation for it correct (and Unreal Wiki seams to be down so I don't get much help from that for now).
Last edited by .:..: on Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
fxsr789

Post by fxsr789 »

It must be the BeginState in PlayerWalking, that and EndState.. I can add a small If statement to prevent this from happening, it will be a major hack fix though. I can also name another few functions I changed in xPlayer to prevent people from getting stuck in Fly\Ghost.

- Fenix
OldUnreal Member

Updated the both files now and put in "full" version of the U2 vehicles now including the 3 vehicles (Juggernaut, Raptor and Harbinger).
Last edited by .:..: on Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(ಠ_ಠ)
PRIMEVAL
OldUnreal Member

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Did you put a camoflauge paintjob on that Jeep? I can't see it :P
No really, I don't see the Jeep at all...

Oh, and how do I get out of the vehicles? I pushed just about every key and nothin. I'm probably a n00b though...
Anyway, really awesome mod. I'm having lots of fun with it, especially with monster mash.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

@Dots: Nice work on the u2vehicles. I like the sounds. :)
@Primeval: Press throw weapon key to get out of vehicle
Last edited by Hyper on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
PRIMEVAL
OldUnreal Member

Post by PRIMEVAL »

...And indeed I'm a n00b, lol

Thanks Hyper.nl
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

But why not the Return key as usual in all Unreal games? And why not adding Mantas and Leviahtans? Oh, and Goliaths?
By the way, any chance to get this working on UT99?
Last edited by GreatEmerald on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldUnreal Member

But why not the Return key as usual in all Unreal games? And why not adding Mantas and Leviahtans? Oh, and Goliaths?
By the way, any chance to get this working on UT99?
I just tested that Unreal 2 vehicles on UT'99 and they work just fine.
About UT2k4 vehicles, that will be a little bit harder becouse their vehicles is based on skeletal meshes and not static meshes as in U2. That would mean no rotating wheels or so and I still dont know how to convert them into unreal vertex meshes without losing texture data on them.
(ಠ_ಠ)
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

UnrealWiki is back on! :)
UT2003 has only one vehicle then? Bulldog buggy? And is it included here?
I wonder where will the vehicles be used, ONS for U1 probably, UT might use that too... But not Vehicle CTF yet I guess (if it is made in U1 and UT), and not for deathmatches or it would need to refer that you need to have a special package. But still nice.
So why not Return (Enter) key? And maybe it should be configurable from the Options list?

If you could actually convert UT2004 vehicles, it would really be cool, even if it takes longer.

EDIT: Hmm, how do you use it? I can't locate it by opening package in UEd.
EDIT: the code "Summon U2Vehicles.Raptor" doesn't work for me in Assault, not tested anywhere else yet.
Last edited by GreatEmerald on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

UnrealWiki is back on! :)
UT2003 has only one vehicle then? Bulldog buggy? And is it included here?
I wonder where will the vehicles be used, ONS for U1 probably, UT might use that too... But not Vehicle CTF yet I guess (if it is made in U1 and UT), and not for deathmatches or it would need to refer that you need to have a special package. But still nice.
So why not Return (Enter) key? And maybe it should be configurable from the Options list?

If you could actually convert UT2004 vehicles, it would really be cool, even if it takes longer.

EDIT: Hmm, how do you use it? I can't locate it by opening package in UEd.
EDIT: the code "Summon U2Vehicles.Raptor" doesn't work for me in Assault, not tested anywhere else yet.
Try typing ghost first before summoning raptor.
OldUnreal Member

And so I made another update for all 3 packages (the both downloads). I even included the UT2003 Bulldog with U2Vehicles package now (almost an overpowered vehicle; which shoots homing missiles, has 1.6K health and can squish other players just like bloblets).
Last edited by .:..: on Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(ಠ_ಠ)
NCMinus
OldUnreal Member

Post by NCMinus »

Any chance of getting a read me for dummies on how to use this please? ::)
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

No, not working for me in my UT... It stops for a sec like it would be loading a non-precached package, but nothing appears and I don't see anything.

EDIT: Quite off-topic, but as you have converted U2 vehicles, would it be possible to convert U2 weapons to UT or U1? They are really unique and fun, all reloadable, but there are reloadables in both (in UT it shows the clip size - maybe it could show it in U1 as well?), so it wouldn't be much of a problem, and I don't think it uses any fancy technique (only the missles can be somewhat fancier, like the Shock Lance's primary).
If UT had U2's vehicles, U2 weapons, and it can already be merged with U1 and U1:RtNP, it would be a beaster than ever game! I've never seen a game so compatible with others, but mods are things that attracted many players in the first place :)
Last edited by GreatEmerald on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldUnreal Member

Did you download VehiclePhys.u aswell? You need that one in order to play with U2Vehicles and U_Vehicles.
(ಠ_ಠ)
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

No, that was not mentioned there :) You should make 3 zips then.
I'll try that out tomorrow, and I've updated the post before, look it up. U2 weapons would be a blast!
OldUnreal Member

No, not working for me in my UT... It stops for a sec like it would be loading a non-precached package, but nothing appears and I don't see anything.

EDIT: Quite off-topic, but as you have converted U2 vehicles, would it be possible to convert U2 weapons to UT or U1? They are really unique and fun, all reloadable, but there are reloadables in both (in UT it shows the clip size - maybe it could show it in U1 as well?), so it wouldn't be much of a problem, and I don't think it uses any fancy technique (only the missles can be somewhat fancier, like the Shock Lance's primary).
If UT had U2's vehicles, U2 weapons, and it can already be merged with U1 and U1:RtNP, it would be a beaster than ever game! I've never seen a game so compatible with others, but mods are things that attracted many players in the first place :)
About U2 weapons, I can't. They use some unknown "LegendMesh" format which I have no idea about how to convert them into other formats. I can only convert Static meshes into unreal meshes.
(ಠ_ಠ)
OldUnreal Member

Ah hell, I really need to add some "noob" info text for the vehicles, becouse after some online testing there were still players who had no idea what keys to press ("whats my throw weapon key?"), so basicly it would check player's keybindings to show some closer info what to press, such as "Press W key to accelerate. S key to deaccelerate" etc...
(ಠ_ಠ)
SweMonkey
OldUnreal Member

Post by SweMonkey »

ive been working on importing u2 weapons to unreal tonight :

;D and it works
lycheeliang
OldUnreal Member

Post by lycheeliang »

dots i like to say that this mod is really great! :) some bugs/issues:
some of the vehicles tend to go very fast at times and are hence difficult to control(esp. sportscar, the skaarjjets etc.) and bots thus move erratically with
them (they basically zoom wildly around the map
with the ufo lol ;D)

the skaarjhover and spacejets are buggy, they at times explode for no reason when u hit a wall or simply move up a slope.

Sometimes u could eject from a vehicle to the front, u got caught right in the momentum of the decelerating vehicle and basically get run over. is it possible to eject sideways of the vehicle or basically have the vehicle to stop instantly when u eject to avoid this?

can u make the sportcar/jeep/civilcar shoot something? i know it can be set manually, but it would be bothersome.

Another thing (from UT99):only the team that u are from can board a vehicle or a vehiclefactory that u had summoned.( eg. im in red team, i summoned a tigerfactory in teamdm, only red team members can enter tigertank)

u2vehicles is awesome by the way ;D, but kinda big. aren't there smaller vehicles(eg. manta) out there? Or u could make those from non-ut games (like Halo's banshee and others)

Anyway heres a nice pic of u2vehicles fighting each other lol:
Last edited by lycheeliang on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
lycheeliang
OldUnreal Member

Post by lycheeliang »

ive been working on importing u2 weapons to unreal tonight :
;D and it works
whoa look cool. is that a u2 dipersion pistol or something (i didn't play u2). Did u use a custom projectile for it too?
PRIMEVAL
OldUnreal Member

Post by PRIMEVAL »

If I remember correctly, that's a CARifle. Acts very similar to UPak's CAR.

I just tried out the U2Vehicles mod.... 15/10 right there. Though there is one bug that I've noticed:
Single Player mode has a funky camera for the Bulldog and the Juggernaut. You're inside of the vehicle and there are 2 huge vehicles to your left and right. Kinda weird. However, in Botmatch mode, the camera is outside and is good.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”