For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Coop server with depending on teamplay and voice communication?

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
azn
OldUnreal Member

Coop server with depending on teamplay and voice communication?

Post by azn »

Hello, I've played several fan-made unreal levels on various coop servers and I must say it's a lot of fun but gets boring quite fast - at least for me.

I've tried to communicate via teamspeak but hardly anyone use it as I can see.

I had an idea, how awesome would it be to select only best maps for coop, and create a password protected server so only interested people will be able to play. Everyone on voice chat via ts3(as far as I saw it you use it here).

That's just an idea, I also play Re-Volt online these days and we have races announced on discord server online lobby. I think it would be cool for example to set game starting at some time(like 18:00 UTC for example) everyone who will be willing to play will get the password and we would all use voice chat. It would be best if we do not start with all weapons and only one life so teamplay would really matter.

Is this possible? Would anyone like to try it?

I would love to host, but no longer have the possibility to host my own server as I used to do several years ago.

Just passing the idea.
Last edited by azn on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Coop server with depending on teamplay and voice communication?

Post by BobIsUnreal »

thats pretty much what happens in rlcoop. go talk to shiaxi lol

Return to “Unreal General Forum”