For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Starting a Co-Op Server

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
MrMojoRisin
OldUnreal Member

Starting a Co-Op Server

Post by MrMojoRisin »

Hi guys. I'm trying to start a co-op server and I can't get it working. My friend and I have the same 227i version of the game. The one for the Steam version of the game which we both have. With Napali. When using Hamachi it doesn't work, even when I tick it to be optimized for LAN and he looks in the LAN category. I can see it there but he can't. When I advertise server online he can't see it and neither can I. When he tries to connect via IP through 'open' on the server list it says connecting for a while and then just disappears and doesn't do anything. Please help. I want to share this masterpiece with my mate who has never played it before. Also not a dedicated server. If I need one of them co-op mods, does he need to download too?
Last edited by MrMojoRisin on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMojoRisin
OldUnreal Member

Re: Starting a Co-Op Server

Post by MrMojoRisin »

Nevermind, we fixed it by using the IP address listed from IPV4 Hamachi instead of the IP address listed in-game anywhere and having him type that into the 'open' bit at the top of the server list. Also be sure to turn off spectating first.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Hi,

Apologies for the late response, but I'm glad you guys managed to fix it. Hope we can see you on multiplayer soon. :)
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
MrMojoRisin
OldUnreal Member

Post by MrMojoRisin »

That's okay, thanks for responding at all :)
Unfortunately my friend is playing at 400ping, which is odd because when playing other games like System Shock 2 though Hamachi and Splinter Cell Blacklist through official servers we don't get any noticeable lag. Would you know of any way to fix this?
leugim23PT

Post by leugim23PT »

Hey... I have the EXACT same problem... with 1 difference: with IPv4 doesn't work neither on normal server nor on dedicated... I already tried everything but my server doesn't appear to my friend... please can someone help me :/

Return to “Unreal General Forum”