For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

How to import .it music files into ued?

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Barking Carrot
OldUnreal Member

How to import .it music files into ued?

Post by Barking Carrot »

Hi, me again. So i have been editing and making maps for my server but I have a bunch of music I made in OpenMPT(Mod Plug Tracker), and I would like to make a .it file into a umx file. I read a tutorial on here but whenever I try to import something it only wants text map files. I am using UEd version 2.1 if that helps.
Dr.Flay™
OldUnreal Member

Re: How to import .it music files into ued?

Post by Dr.Flay™ »

You are trying to import the audio into the wrong part of the editor.
Import to the music browser window, not the main UEd menu.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

So it won't neccessary to add music?
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Don't do File=>Export in the main window of the editor but in the music browser.
Sans titre.jpg
There you can import .it files
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Norita31

Post by Norita31 »

lo...i was doing the same mistake...Thanks for the pic...you saved me there.
Kinemaster MOD APK
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Sometimes my mind can't get how people can't just do with only text descriptions and need to see a picture to get it. No wonder many new editors are hand-holding exercises that seem like they insult one's intelligence.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Beginners may not know of all the "browsers" yet.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Yes but my point is, isn't text description enough? Besides when I was trying out unrealed for the first time I was already exploring all of that by myself without need of tutorial. I mean all it takes is a little bit of exploration.

EDIT: But then again the first time I tried UnrealED was like when I was 11 or 12, there was a lot I didn't know but I tried to improvise as much as I could and play around with it.

Is that so unusual these days? Was I such a highly intelligent young guy back then? I suppose in a way it could be fitting, now when I'm wayy grown up some adults seem like kids to me, like so much stuff I might have found important I might see or others like me like petty things that only children care about. Its kind of madenning really. Sometimes they see me as not caring about so much stuff and find that childish instead, but perhaps also kids find things important that adults don't? There's a bit of a context there.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Post by Victor Delacroix »

And my point is that it isn't enough.

If you don't know about resource browsers yet, and don't know where to look, you'll get confused.

I never properly learned UnrealEd because it doesn't always take a bit of exploration, sometimes you just don't have the right mind for it and need a "for dummies" version. It's not about being "highly intelligent", coz one can excel in different things and suck at others. I'm an expert on storyline and can churn out text like no tomorrow but gimme something more technical and you might be surprised how quickly I get stuck.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Well I started of course with the UnrealED 1 or "beta of 1" because it was kind of released unsupported with release of Unreal.

And there the individual "browsers" were at the right side of the screen, it said textures classes whatever so that was quite self explanatory. But one advantage of ued2 is that if you hower the mouse cursor over something it will tell you what it is anyways. So to me it is just a matter of exploration and trying it out. In fact I was held back in my exploration due to bad translation of a tutorial into .cz because I didn't understand the english version. So out of fear I didn't explore enough because that tutorial confused me.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

The editor has many buttons and it's confusing. There is nothing wrong with not understanding and/or knowing everything. We were all beginners once.
[kx]de_zeurkous

RE: How to import .it music files into ued?

Post by [kx]de_zeurkous »

The technical documentation on Unreal *is* nearly nonexistent. And
what's there is scattered and frankly inaccurate.

Hence the demands for hand-holding.

Leo_TCK observed IRL that not even trying anything -- w/o handholding --
really is quite luserish, but me's forced to agree that UnrealEd really
seems quite daunting. It's also very easy to use it to fsck up one's
Unreal install, w/o even realizing that one's doing so.

Bad design has consequences.
--
Friggin' Machines!
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

He didn't say UMX he said USD, whatever that is. perhaps he is confusing the old engine with the newest Unreal engines, which I guess his method would make sense. Otherwise it makes no sense at all whatsoever.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Did he mean UED by any chance? Either way it doesn't matter really.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Don't sweat it, the post was spam with a hidden link at the end of the post to some auto-generated website. Pure spam, probably randomly assembled from other post by a bot, hence the nonsensical procedure described and the fact it didn't mean anything.
You must construct additional pylons.
vbdasc
OldUnreal Member

Post by vbdasc »

Hellkeeper wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:13 pm probably randomly assembled from other post by a bot, hence the nonsensical procedure described
My first encounter with ChatGPT? Damn. Let's hope that it'll get better by the time when physicians start treating patients with it.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Nothing as sophisticated, barebones text-parsing, an oldschool way of doing this.
You must construct additional pylons.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”