For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

G'day

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Ekl Mortain

G'day

Post by Ekl Mortain »

Howdy. New to this forum. Old to the game. I never did much with modding n' such but maybe i might be remembered :P
I'm happy to see some old "faces" from back when i used to play.

My question though is what can i do about finding a multiplayer server. I didn't go searching through all of the forums to find an answer so i must apologize for being lazy and seeking the easy answer.
Also just so you know i looked at some of the solutions online and they do not seem to work for me.
Must i have 227i?

Cheers.
Ekl_Mortain
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Re: G'day

Post by Kajgue »

Heya,

Since the gamespy shutdown, Unreals' masterserver was not backed up by Epic in any way, by installing the latest version of 227 (227i) it will automatically update the masterserver fields to link you to the new masterserver (there's more than one masterserver should you have trouble with any).

But, even though 227i is not necessary to still play unreal or access the new masterserver, it is pretty essential to have for the extensive range of fixes, optimizations, new features/tech + stuff, so I would definitely make sure your Unreal is updated to the latest available version.

227i for retail Unreal and 227i for Unreal Gold (which includes the anthology version) are both available, they can be found at the downloads page to the left, under the category of Unreal Patches > OldUnreals' new 227 patch

And welcome back to Unreal. :P
Last edited by Kajgue on Wed May 10, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
Ekl Mortain

Re: G'day

Post by Ekl Mortain »

Cheers mate. Good to be back. Got sick of all the games that have come out over the years. they just lack quality that you'd expect. Old games are like old movies. Priceless, timeless and way better haha.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”