For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

[Question] Dualmag command ?

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
BIr4
OldUnreal Member

[Question] Dualmag command ?

Post by BIr4 »

What is the command to invoke the second automag (dualmag), if I type summon automag, and create one more when taking both, I don't get two.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: [Question] Dualmag command ?

Post by Leo T_C_K »

It is not a standard functionality. It was first introduced with ospdoublemag by greenmarine. He joined Epic soon after Unreal's release and he brought his doubleautomags into the early botpack. That was already a replacement thing in the botpack gametypes. Its just a new class basically. Later it was put to the Enforcer, but unlike the original doubleautomag you couldn't switch between two and one mags, you always had two from then on.

If you have flp or ASP packs (for example) you can do summon rysweps2.doubleautomag. Those also travel through the maps and it will remember both. The plain one got reset after map travel because it was meant as dm only.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Dual automags is a UT native thing, not Unreal.

But several mods for Unreal achieve the same, like the Akimbo MultiMag
https://www.oldunreal.com/mods/Bane/akimboMM.7z
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Hyper wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:21 am Dual automags is a UT native thing, not Unreal.

But several mods for Unreal achieve the same, like the Akimbo MultiMag
https://www.oldunreal.com/mods/Bane/akimboMM.7z
Are these traveling between maps btw? (outside dm) I forgot, its a long time since I played with those in particular. I'm not even sure if Bane knew about the original ospdoublemag (after all it was 200/220 only mod), and it only got converted fairly recently mostly due to those "Unreality expansion set" conversion projects.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I got a notification for a post by OP, but i see its gone, what happened?
BIr4
OldUnreal Member

Post by BIr4 »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:10 pm I got a notification for a post by OP, but i see its gone, what happened?
(I don't know what OP is, but I think it was me). I posted a question about two issues. Then I removed it out of shame, to not show that I don't know anything.

But ok here goes:

Two doubts.

In this case I saved a while ago this dualmag.u file that comes in one of these maps. Believing it possible to use as a mutator. I tried but it doesn't show up in the mutator list. Summon command only (summon dualmag.dualmag).

Dualmag.u maps

In Readme of Dualmag.zip

We have:

Unzip the contents into C:\My Documents

Cut and paste DualMag.u into C:\Unreal\System

Use the editor - load the script into "classes"
It can be setup in the "weapons" tab

What kind of setup is possible in UED?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to keep Dual Wielding Automags in Single-Player?

The other question after following the tutorial of the text above about "DoubleWeapons". I find myself in the same situation. When changing maps, dualmags disappear. And I also ended up with a bind X bound key to automag the other hand. (8D hsauhsauhsuah).

And I wonder if in UED this is resolved? Regarding the doubt about what he meant in the Readme.txt text
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I am not familiar with this particular mod so I don't want to give any wrong advice now regarding this one.
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

Hello

I have used the dualmag standalone pickup items in my map SaberArena.

https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com/sb_ma ... rarena.zip

The dualmag can be used in a map by dropping in a dualmag instead of an automag.
It can be found on Oldunreal's weapons page.

https://www.oldunreal.com/weapons.html

A mut was made of the dualmag too.

https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com/sb_un ... MagMut.zip
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

weapons.html gives me 404 btw
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

Well, I don't know what happened to Oldunreal's Weapons page. So many changes. Anyways, the Dualmag.u with the mediafire link could be it. I do have it in the SaberArena map. You see, I'm the guy that exported the Dualmag from the Akimbo mod, so it could be used as a pickup item I could use in SaberArena.

You use it like you would any custom weapon you want to add into a map. Sorry the readme is so brief.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Ah I see, Yea indeed that stuff is there by you including that map you mentioned.
BIr4
OldUnreal Member

Post by BIr4 »

DualMagMut.u cannot be found in the mutator list
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Make an int file then
DualMagMut.DualMagMut is the mutator. If you make int file that references it (or dumpint DualMagMut might work if you load it in the editor, but can't guarantee you it will do the right thing) it should show up. But mutator lists are a luxury especially if you take into account there used to be none for Unreal and you had to invoke mutators manually by opening a map with "Open mapname?mutator=DualMagMut.DualMagMut" in this case.

that's how we did it before oldunreal patches started adding fancy UT stuff like mutator lists.
BIr4
OldUnreal Member

Post by BIr4 »

I don't know how make a int file for this.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Just create a text file, name it DualMagMut.int

And put this in:

[Public]
Object=(Name=DualMagMut.DualMagMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="DualMag Mutator.")
BIr4
OldUnreal Member

Post by BIr4 »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:41 pm Just create a text file, name it DualMagMut.int

And put this in:

[Public]
Object=(Name=DualMagMut.DualMagMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="DualMag Mutator.")
Everything is fine. I made the int, but even with the mutator appearing on the list, it doesn't happen to have two automags.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

BIr4 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:35 am
Leo T_C_K wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:41 pm Just create a text file, name it DualMagMut.int

And put this in:

[Public]
Everything is fine. I made the int, but even with the mutator appearing on the list, it doesn't happen to have two automags.
I looked at the code, it should work, of course you need to have both this and DualMag.u, as the "Mut" package doesn't contain the dualmag on itself. Also it replaces automags with these ones and of course you need to pick up both of them. If that doesn't work, check your log file for errors...
BIr4
OldUnreal Member

Post by BIr4 »

It worked. Got it, I didn't know about the need for the dualmag.u file with dualmagmut.u Then there were two more questions:

1st In SinglePlayer mode it didn't seem to work. This is it?

2nd Using it in conjunction with cloacking only one side was invisible.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I believe for singleplayer you need to specificaly enable to use mutators via the menu otherwise its disabled(but don't quote me on that), but it was written for mind in dm anyways. But you can try. Or try to use it via that command I listed. Like try to do open nyleve?mutator=dualmagmut.dualmagmut

the cloaking device bug is just a bug, its most likely due to the coding (or a 227 specific issue). that reminds me, i never tried it with the botpack dual automag if the same issue occurs or not.
BIr4
OldUnreal Member

Post by BIr4 »

Thx alot.

"open vortex2?mutator=dualmagmut.dualmagmut" and "open intro1?mutator=dualmagmut.dualmagmut" for "Unreal" and "Return to Na Pali" campaigns respectively.

Worked fine.

...So it happens as mentioned in one of the posts above in which when moving to the next stage, you only have an automag. But for me it's already very good to be able to have two automags to play with during the campaign.
BIr4
OldUnreal Member

Post by BIr4 »

when cloaking activated. Booth automags invisibles...
Botpack...
in ut99 have files botpack.int and botpack.u for this. But in u1 I can't see this files in \system. So how is this? I think you say to add a line

in [Public] a line Object=(Name=DualMagMut.DualMagMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="DualMag Mutator")

in botpack.int... but I don't think that's it because I saw that the file botpack doesn't exist.

You know... taste all unreal. On ut99 and ut2k4, the Enforcer and Assault Rifle both have, both weapons become invisible when I activate invisible/cloacking. I think it is possible to do it in their "close brother", Unreal.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Why would you add that into botpack.int or challengegames.int (or whatever it uses)?

Besides on tournamentgames the dualmagmutator is most likely going to conflict. I just wondered how its going to work for example inside the unreal gametypes if you explicitly open them. But that will most likely go over your head. It means I'm going to try this myself, but I actually meant the older botpack versions (pre-release) that work together with Unreal. Those games you mentioned (UT and above) were made in mind with the dual setup. UPak (return to na pali) and original unreal wasn't. So when you have something custom and not from Epic like DualMag, of course it will not work right on unusual circumstances. The code basically spawns a copy of the automag, like a slaveautomag (this is going to go well for the WOKE folk) I am sure it was called that way, or slavemag or whatever, but it has to transfer certain variables over, but if its an explicite list it does not account for the properties that get transfered onto the first automag. I hope you understand this now. It doesn't treat it as a weapon whole but as a special case so that stuff doesn't get applied on the second one...

What I really wondered whether the "doubleautomag" from the pre-release UT even works right with upak.cloak or not, or even the release enforcer. That is not something for you to try but for me.

And about the DualMag not traveling in singleplayer games with you to the next map, that is again a similar issue like was before. The second mag is a special case and the code needs to be adjusted. Since it was meant for deathmatch, the authors didn't bother to add a code that will allow traveling of the second automag between the maps....like it does with the regular weapon setup. It can be done of course and it was done in more singleplayer oriented mods but be aware that even enforcer from botpack won't travel (the second one) by default, since they had no use for this in singleplayer. Its only mods like operation na pali etc that add extra code to preserve the second one.

EDIT: btw, to answer one of your older questions, OP means original poster, when referring to a thread. But a lot of people (including that steam guy) use OP as "OverPowered", which..makes stuff more muddy but ok.
Like then you can confuse whether someone means one thing or the other. Someone is OP as fuck can be then read as someone is Original Poster as fuck...lol

EDIT2: Since it seems like there might be no dedicated mutator that replaces the automag for original unreal with the double one and only that, I think I will write one myself, as in one that works for singleplayer. I might as well replace it with the one from rysweps2 since that one works well for traveling between maps.
BIr4
OldUnreal Member

Post by BIr4 »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:45 am Since it seems like there might be no dedicated mutator that replaces the automag for original unreal with the double one and only that, I think I will write one myself, as in one that works for singleplayer. I might as well replace it with the one from rysweps2 since that one works well for traveling between maps.
rysweps2 where I take this?

if you make this Mutator, please share, and put a reload button (R, NumPad5).
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

BIr4 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:04 am
Leo T_C_K wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:45 am Since it seems like there might be no dedicated mutator that replaces the automag for original unreal with the double one and only that, I think I will write one myself, as in one that works for singleplayer. I might as well replace it with the one from rysweps2 since that one works well for traveling between maps.
rysweps2 where I take this?

if you make this Mutator, please share, and put a reload button (R, NumPad5).
From FLP(french level pack) or ASP Demos.

No reload button, besides not possible with just a mutator, it would need to be a new class altogether again and I'm not doing that especially if the rysweps2 one is perfectly fine. Also I forgot all about this otherwise I would have made one already.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”