For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Fear Beta Final - converted for 225

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Fear Beta Final - converted for 225

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Fear was a mod that was long time in developement and released back in 1999 in beta stages. It was thought to be lost as it was never upgraded to 224 plus version thus it fell into obscurity. However the mod is worth playing on original 220.

The mod was only found on a gamestar cd in particular(a czech version of the magazine).

I don't seem to have a separate download link but I have links to the gamestar archives:
gamestarp1 - smaller one

gamestarp2 - larger one

I am not sure anymore which of the archives has it as I don't have them on this machine and I am already past the data limit now.

However I managed to convert this mod for 225 (and compatible). It took a long time and its just a raw conversion. Its quite buggy, more so than was on 220 so please keep that in mind. However the weapons and stuff is interesting but ctf game and team game crash the game unfortunately. On 220 it all works well though.

download of the conversion

Its really worth checking out even if just for the models. One or two models from here appeared later for u4e but this mod had them first and that rocket launcher has different skin here. Back then U4E wasn't as big as the known version now u4e beta 5, the earlier versions for 220 didn't have nearly as many random weapons. But fear is a class based mod. There was a website on wayback, but I forgot the url now. However the download links were all dead so it was only recovered thanks to that cd. Many more mods were not recovered though even if they were released...

Return to “Unreal General Forum”