For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

[Request] - OldWeaponsUT Replacement Mutator

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

esnesi
OldUnreal Member

[Request] - OldWeaponsUT Replacement Mutator

Post by esnesi »

Hi all,

Here is the thing, I got a mutator from Steadz a while ago.
It acts as a weapon replacement mutator and switches Unreal weapons for the v200 beta ones with different sounds. (personally love these sounds way better)
Some altfire animations are broken, only the disp.pistol shows more particles as well with the prim.fire, so I take that for granted ^^

The mutator can be used in coop games as those maps contain unreal weapons i assume.
The problem is, whenever i load this in deathmatchplus or CTFGames, the error it gives is:
"Not accessible in this sandbox"
My goal would be to use this as a full 436 weapon replacement mutator in deathmatch/ctf as well.
I was hoping somebody here with the right knowledge could tweak this mutator that way.

A workaround would be Oldskool with a sound replacement thing, however Oldskool displays alot Dispersion upgrades in maps for some reason :/
I've tried loading them in stuffswapper and other weapon inventory mods, error there is ''Tried to add none to inventory''.

Thanks in advance.

File including source here
Last edited by esnesi on Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Re: [Request] - OldWeaponsUT Replacement Mutator

Post by .:..: »

That error occurrs when server tries to use some object thats not on ServerPackages.
Edit your server UnrealTournament.ini and find lines with ServerPackages=XXX
Then add a new line after with: ServerPackages=OldWeaponsUT
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
esnesi
OldUnreal Member

Post by esnesi »

Thanks for the reply.
Interesting.

The only compatible unrealweapon pack for UT is Oldskool as far as i know.
I assume if one is there, it will still replace Unreal weapons, which are not there in DM/CTF gametypes, only some specific maps next to that.
Last edited by esnesi on Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esnesi
OldUnreal Member

Post by esnesi »

this issue got fixed with stuffswapper.
and i wish i quoted that first reaction, as it seems it got edited lol.
Last edited by esnesi on Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Thanks for the reply.
Interesting.

The only compatible unrealweapon pack for UT is Oldskool as far as i know.
I assume if one is there, it will still replace Unreal weapons, which are not there in DM/CTF gametypes, only some specific maps next to that.
oldskool isnt a weapon pack, its a series of hacks to create a facsimile of what unreal 1 is, as it takes extreme liberties.

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”