For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Recompiling ucc, 3d models gets distorted

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

Johanna122212

Recompiling ucc, 3d models gets distorted

Post by Johanna122212 »

Hi!

I like to play around rebuilding some weapons and mods and play around with the code. But I noticed in WOTGrealExporter that the models get distorted after I've exported everything (script,textures,models,audio) with WOTGrealExporter and recompiled it with ucc make.

Why is this happening? Is it an error in the export or building process? Should I use another software than WOTGrealExporter to export assets?
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Recompiling ucc, 3d models gets distorted

Post by BobIsUnreal »

98% of time it is a wot export issue, 80% of models exported with utpt/wotexporter get at least 1 frame corrupted,
in 227j you have the option of exporting the mesh file, thats the best option if you can load it in there.
you can use umodel to export them instead, but that method losses the weapon poly, so for instance playermodels wont hold a weapon..
Johanna122212

Post by Johanna122212 »

Thank you, will try that later.
What I've come up with now is comparing the exported files from umodel and WOTGrealExporter and come up with that the *_a.3d file is being corrupted and missing a few bytes from WOTGreal:

but even after using the fixed one the weapon shows up 180 degree turned in WOTGrealExporter:

Last edited by Johanna122212 on Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krull0r
Global Moderator

Post by Krull0r »

It seems that the mesh is to big. The vertices are moved to the edge of the boundary box. Try to scale the source mesh down. It needs to fit in a boundary box with a size of 256 * 256 * 256 units.

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”