For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal 2004 GOG Edition - Where Are Save Files Located?

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

IAmSoUnReal
OldUnreal Member

Unreal 2004 GOG Edition - Where Are Save Files Located?

Post by IAmSoUnReal »

What folder are save files located in for Unreal 2004 GoG Edition? Can I assume that it is the Saves folder?

Also, in that folder, I have a file called "SP_Barktooth.uvx". What map is that?
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: Unreal 2004 GOG Edition - Where Are Save Files Located?

Post by Hellkeeper »

It's been a while since I played the 2004 solo but yes, it's a good bet save files are in the saves folder.
The .uvx file you have there is not a map, it's a saved game.
You must construct additional pylons.
IAmSoUnReal
OldUnreal Member

Post by IAmSoUnReal »

It's been a while since I played the 2004 solo but yes, it's a good bet save files are in the saves folder.
The .uvx file you have there is not a map, it's a saved game.
So if I reinstall UT2004 on a new system, and place that .utx file in the Saves folder, I can pick up where I left off in the single player game? Is that basically correct?
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Really, if you install UT2004 to a new system and just wholesale copy the UT2004 over it and overwrite it you're fine.

iirc UT2004 just needs a registry entry for the CD key.

It's worth noting that UT2004.ini and User.ini do store some state about single player, but i dont know what specifically other than the "secret characters." The save file also does keep some state as well.

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”