For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

[FanTopic] What are your favorite tracks from the OST?

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

[FanTopic] What are your favorite tracks from the OST?

Post by Neon_Knight »

What the title says.

One of the strongest points of UT has been, undoubtedly, its soundtrack. Still one of the strongest BGM of the game, with themes that even today keep getting a lot of remixes, even not accounting for UT4.

So, what are your favorite songs from the OST?

Mine's, well, I always had a soft spot for Superfist, a highly underrated song.

The Course, the theme of the Tutorials, is also very cool, albeit a bit too omnipresent.

Skyward Fire, the theme of LavaGiant, is also pretty nice.

And last, but not least, the two classics of the series: Foregone Destruction and Go Down

LET THE GUSH BEGIN!
Last edited by Neon_Knight on Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Localization project coordinator/spanish maintainer

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: [FanTopic] What are your favorite tracks from the OST?

Post by Hellkeeper »

Organic is the best track of UT99 by far according the the supreme authority that I am.
It will never cease to remind me of the best of days, especially at the 0:36 mark.

After this, the contest is seriously disputed.
I love of course the main theme. Sure we've all heard it far too much over the years and we probably don't really hear it while it plays, but when you take the time to be aware of it, it is superb.
Good things could be said about the ladder ending theme too. If you can remember what you felt when you heard it for the first time, it has to send a shiver down your spine.

Go Down, Foregone, of course, Skyward Fire for a different and more contemplative mood... There's really no weak point in the soundtrack.
It's great and it carries the game when you grow slightly tired of it.

But the weirdest thing in the history of Unreal is that the best of all tracks is from the cursed and forgotten installment: the UT2003 theme.

I have to make this post short but I think I could talk about the Unreal OSTs for ages.
Last edited by Hellkeeper on Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You must construct additional pylons.
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Re: [FanTopic] What are your favorite tracks from the OST?

Post by Neon_Knight »

But the weirdest thing in the history of Unreal is that the best of all tracks is from the cursed and forgotten installment: the UT2003 theme.
Indeed. That may have a top-10 spot in Kevin Riepl's UT tracks.
Localization project coordinator/spanish maintainer

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”