For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Onaga from Mortal Kombat Deception model for UT99-FINAL VERSION3- 3/13/19

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

bigfoot_pi
OldUnreal Member

Onaga from Mortal Kombat Deception model for UT99-FINAL VERSION3- 3/13/19

Post by bigfoot_pi »

Onaga from Mortal Kombat Deception model for UT99. I did NOT do team colors. this is a 4 texture model so will take too much time but support is in the .int if you want to make your own utx package with team colors.
notes- I had to hack the wings and the shoulder armor to be double sided in game by doing a cap holes and a few other polygon tweaks and was very fortunate I didnt have to re-rig everything
ps- almost forgot I had to redo the uv maps on several body parts and combine multiple textures to get this 6 texture monster down to 4 textures so it would be ut99 compatible. not fun, but satisfying success ;).
UPDATE FIX- had to redo the element grouping to separate the belt buckle from the arms so I could retexture it to correct skull texture- had to move the texture coordinates uv map too- not fun but worth it.
UPDATE2- didnt realize the cloth between legs wasnt supposed to have those nicks in it... so I made a new cloth and uvmapped it. woot
update3- fixed unwanted polygons in right wing by duuplicating and flipping other wing. I hope this thing is final now.
update4- i spoke too soon. found the belt was UVd wrong as well, not just the buckle. now thats fixed too
update5- found a few vertexes were crossed over on the upper inner thighs and a slight UV map shift that needed over compensating on on the cloth. both isssues now fixed
Onaga updated-finalfix3
got original belt, sash and leg armor with corrected UVs and adjusted erroneous lowerback vertex position+psk hack for twosided texture for new sash and leg armor to be visible on both sides- hopefully this thing is all done finally :)
download link:

pic

video:

-----------------
(model and textures property of WB/Netherealm studios)
Last edited by bigfoot_pi on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ---FIGHT!---
bigfoot_pi
OldUnreal Member

Re: Onaga from Mortal Kombat Deception model for UT99-FINAL VERSION2

Post by bigfoot_pi »

Onaga updated-finalfix3
got original belt, sash and leg armor with corrected UVs and adjusted erroneous lowerback vertex position+psk hack for twosided texture for new sash and leg armor to be visible on both sides- hopefully this thing is all done finally :)
download link:

pic

Last edited by bigfoot_pi on Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ---FIGHT!---

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”