For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Tournament v469a Patch Release

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

anth
Administrator

Unreal Tournament v469a Patch Release

Post by anth »

Hello everyone,

We are not quite done yet, but UT v469 is sufficiently stable for a public release now so we created a GitHub repository to host our patch releases as well as development snapshots.

You can download the patch here. Please make sure you read our README for instructions.

Moving forward, we would also like to use the GitHub issue tracker for bug reports. You can create issues here. Please include your OS/Platform and the version (for those using official releases) or commit hash (for those using snapshots) of the patch in your bug report.

Existing bug reports on our internal 469 development forum do not have to be moved over to GitHub. We intend to follow up on those here.

A huge thanks to everyone who helped to make this happen. I thanked a few people in the README as well, but I inevitably forgot about a lot of people whose contributions we really did appreciate.

Cheers,
anth
Last edited by anth on Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sp0ngeb0b
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal Tournament v469a Patch Release

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Awesome, great job and respect to everyone involved!
rdy2bz
OldUnreal Member

Post by rdy2bz »

Celebration day! :)

Huge thank you for the effort you did with this patch. And congratulations to the whole team!
alone alive again
UnrealGGecko
OldUnreal Member

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Brilliant! Thank you so much! HYPE! :D :D :D

I take it it's ok to spread the news now? ;D

Wanted to share some of my stuff, but signature limit is a bit harsh :P
Lumi

Post by Lumi »

Has this been tested with tactical-ops as well?

Thanks
effEX
OldUnreal Member

Post by effEX »

Lovely to see some progress. 

However, just a heads up for those unaware: attempting to start the patched game results in Windows Defender SmartScreen blocking it from running. 
Last edited by qaz2012 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

Yay!

It's an honor to have contributed to something as great as this. :) Congrats to everyone involved!
Localization project coordinator/spanish maintainer

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
Beemo

Post by Beemo »

w00t!
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

I'll wait until it's fully done.
New Gaming strategy: Hug everything!
anth
Administrator

Post by anth »

Has this been tested with tactical-ops as well?

Thanks
We cannot officially support TO because we don't have permission to patch that game. The patch _should_ work, however, if you use TO's versions of Botpack.u and UTMenu.u
Chronelium

Post by Chronelium »

Great work! It's amazing how smoothly the game runs with high frame rates now, even on servers. However, I did run into one issue: some v469 servers (such as {KDS}/Anth UT Test Server) don't let me join; I get this message: "Package Engine.u failed an MD5 check." I tried re-downloading and re-installing the patch in case it was a corrupted file, but the error remains. This doesn't happen on v451 servers or some other v469 ones. What gives?
anth
Administrator

Post by anth »

Great work! It's amazing how smoothly the game runs with high frame rates now, even on servers. However, I did run into one issue: some v469 servers (such as {KDS}/Anth UT Test Server) don't let me join; I get this message: "Package Engine.u failed an MD5 check." I tried re-downloading and re-installing the patch in case it was a corrupted file, but the error remains. This doesn't happen on v451 servers or some other v469 ones. What gives?
Those servers are on an older version of the v469 beta. The problem will go away when the admins update to the official v469a version and we added an MD5 list auto-updater to prevent this from happening again in the future.
Chronelium

Post by Chronelium »

Those servers are on an older version of the v469 beta. The problem will go away when the admins update to the official v469a version and we added an MD5 list auto-updater to prevent this from happening again in the future.
Thanks for the reply. I see, I suspected that may be the case. I suppose I'll wait until the servers are updated, then.
prom6

Post by prom6 »

Are there any plans on fixing weapon model scaling on different resolution ratios?
think its connected to the fov
Last edited by prom6 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
OldUnreal Member

Post by papercoffee »

YES FINALLY!!

Congrats to the developers... now you have to excuse me, I'll play this patch to shreds.
Last edited by papercoffee on Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-=:  [url]http://jokercologne.deviantart.com/[/url]  :=-

[url=http://katran.thecomicseries.com/]Image[/url]

[url]http://www.moddb.com/[/url]
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Great job. I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly thank Neon Knight for doing the thankless job of updating the spanish localization and making the wiki usable for that.
You must construct additional pylons.
Dr.Cola

Post by Dr.Cola »

I love this patch, especially the high framerate option! I have 2 problems so far that I am not sure if it's the patch or the options I have in the game but I get the solitaire effect in the main menu and the HUD in Operation Na Pali is broken for me.

Could I fix this somehow myself?
Flak

Post by Flak »

Nice job on this everyone!
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Awesome!
The System requirements say: “macOS systems will need a 64-bit x86 CPU and Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) or later. “

I'm on 10.14.6 Mojave and the 469 patch refuses to launch stating "You have macOS 10.14.6. The application requires macOS 10.15 or later."

Is there a mojave version somewhere?
anth
Administrator

Post by anth »

Awesome!
The System requirements say: “macOS systems will need a 64-bit x86 CPU and Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) or later. “

I'm on 10.14.6 Mojave and the 469 patch refuses to launch stating "You have macOS 10.14.6. The application requires macOS 10.15 or later."

What kind of CPU does your machine have? I know at least one player is playing the game on 10.9 and several are playing on 10.11. Do you happen to have a 32-bit CPU?
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Dual X5690 3.46GHz 6-core Xeon, 2012 Mac Pro 5,1
Mac84

Post by Mac84 »

Awesome!

What kind of CPU does your machine have? I know at least one player is playing the game on 10.9 and several are playing on 10.11. Do you happen to have a 32-bit CPU?
I get the same issue on my 2012 Mac Pro (with two 64-bit CPUs) running High Sierra (I don't have a Mojave-compatible GPU). The application icon has a prohibitory symbol on it and won't launch.

My 2015 MacBook Pro won't load it either, as it's running Mojave (which I need to run legacy 32-bit apps).

My 2010 Mac Mini (running OS X Mavericks 10.9, but has a 64-bit Core 2 Duo CPU according to System Profiler) doesn't give me the issue, and will load the app.

Maybe the 64-bit "side" of the application is restricted to Catalina? If that's the case sadly that leaves out a lot of Mac users. Especially those with pre-2013 model Mac Pro towers (which will run High Sierra fine), but requires a newer Metal-capable GPU to run Mojave (10.4) or Catalina (10.5).

Hopefully this get sorted out, I'm excited to give this a try!  :D
Last edited by Mac84 on Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anth
Administrator

Post by anth »

Can you try [url=http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/OldUnreal/next/OldUnreal-UTPatch469a-macOS.dmg]this one[/url] please? If this doesn't work, then please create a ticket in our GitHub issue tracker.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Thanks anth!
Works a treat!
Last edited by Mothman on Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac84

Post by Mac84 »

Can you try [url=http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/OldUnreal/next/OldUnreal-UTPatch469a-macOS.dmg]this one[/url] please? If this doesn't work, then please create a ticket in our GitHub issue tracker.
This works for me! Tested it on my Mac Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6, thanks! ;D

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”