For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Mouse Issue In Unreal Tournament After Graphics Upgrade

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

Fred
OldUnreal Member

Mouse Issue In Unreal Tournament After Graphics Upgrade

Post by Fred »

Hello,

I installed a new AMD graphics card (RX-6600 with latest drivers) on my Windows 10 computer. When launching Unreal Tournament 99, using D3D9 (OpenGL didn't work--worked with old card), the mouse doesn't function properly. At the first screen you get, where you can select a game and settings, etc., the mouse stays on the left side of the screen. It moves up and down, but not left or right.

This means I can't select anything with the mouse. Nothing! When I first ran UT using the new card it was using version 436. I upgraded UT to 469b to see if that move would fix the problem. It didn't. Still the same result. I need the mouse to work properly. Anyone have a fix I can try.

Thanks,

Fred
Buggie
OldUnreal Member

Re: Mouse Issue In Unreal Tournament After Graphics Upgrade

Post by Buggie »

Try press windows key for minimize UT. After return back mouse must be fixed.
Also you can use Alt+Enter for goes to windowed mode.

Try different type of mouse (Direct/Cursor/Raw).
Fred
OldUnreal Member

Post by Fred »

Buggie,

Thanks, that suggestion worked. That is, pressing the Windows key, and then returning to the game, made the mouse work. However, this fix works only for one game session.

That is, when I close the game, and then relaunch it, the same mouse issue is back. I then have to use the Windows key, as before, to make the mouse work again in game. Again, the mouse works for only that one game session.

I would like to have a permanent fix so that I don't need to use the Windows key every time I launch the game. Any way to do this?

Fred

Edit: The problem with the mouse might fix itself. That is, I plan to install the latest HD Extreme graphics that require D3D11 to work. For now, I have to use D3D9 to make the game work with the new graphics card. I have no idea how this approach will work out.
Fred
OldUnreal Member

Post by Fred »

All,

Fixed it! Well, that was easy. In preferences, under Input tab, I changed the Mouse setting to Direct Input. Now the mouse works normally. Ha!

Fred

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”