For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

UT v469b - can't run on Mac (Assertion Failed)

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

Trydi
OldUnreal Member

UT v469b - can't run on Mac (Assertion Failed)

Post by Trydi »

Hi,

I've downloaded patch for Unreal Tournament - v469b. I didn't know about new patches / releases. It's a great news! :)

So - I've downloaded it (dmg file), installed to Applications, copied files from Windows version to /Applications/UT/Contents/MacOS.
But it's a Mac, gaming can't be so easy. And I was right...game throw some error on startup :)
Assertion failed: GetPropertiesSize()>=sizeof(UObject) [File:/Users/stijn/utpg/Core/Src/UnClass.cpp] [Line: 1200]

History: UClass::Serialize <- LoadObject <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- ULevelBase::Serialize <- ULevel::Serialize <- LoadObject <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- LoadLevel <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- main
On my second attempt, I've copied necessary files to /Library/Application Support/Unreal Tournament. No luck - assertion failed.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Just followed instructions in readme file.

System: macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 on Intel based machine.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Re: UT v469b - can't run on Mac (Assertion Failed)

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Are you overwriting any .u files? that looks to be the suspect to me. Seems maybe Engine.u got overridden with non-UT469 version. The error message is basically saying C++ version of the Object class doesn't match what it finds in the .u file.

Was the assertion failed message identical on both attempts?
Trydi
OldUnreal Member

Re: UT v469b - can't run on Mac (Assertion Failed) [SOLVED]

Post by Trydi »

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:19 am Are you overwriting any .u files? that looks to be the suspect to me. Seems maybe Engine.u got overridden with non-UT469 version.
I'm ashamed to admit it... I've copied "System" folder from Windows version. Gosh...my bad. I didn't noticed ::)
With System folder delivered by patch, everything works like a charm...

I don't believe it...Unreal Tournament, native on my Mac U_On
Sure, I've spotted some framedrops but...hell...UNREAL TOURNAMENT working native on my Mac thumbsup

Many thanks!
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Glad it was that simple. Thanks for reporting back that it worked!
inferpse

Re: UT v469b - can't run on Mac (Assertion Failed) [SOLVED]

Post by inferpse »

Trydi wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:33 pm I'm ashamed to admit it... I've copied "System" folder from Windows version. Gosh...my bad. I didn't noticed ::)
With System folder delivered by patch, everything works like a charm...

I don't believe it...Unreal Tournament, native on my Mac U_On
Sure, I've spotted some framedrops but...hell...UNREAL TOURNAMENT working native on my Mac thumbsup
I did the same mistake and resolved this with the help of this email thread. Thanks!
The feeling is even more weird when game is running natively on ARM-based Mac 🥲
cash68

Post by cash68 »

Hey guys, I am having almost the exact same issue, but I'm unclear what the fix is. My error is ever so slightly different:

"Assertion failed: GetPropertiesSize()>=sizeof(UObject) [File:/Users/stijn/UnrealTournament/Core/Src/UnClass.cpp] [Line: 1241]

History: UClass::Serialize <- LoadObject <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- ULevelBase::Serialize <- ULevel::Serialize <- LoadObject <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- LoadLevel <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- main"

I did not copy the system folder, I only copied the music/sounds/textures/maps folders.... so I'm unclear what the fix is. Can someone help point me the right direction?

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”