For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Two CTF maps from 221 UT Beta - now fully working in release UT

UnrealTournament Mod related boards can be found here. Missing one? Let me know.

Moderator: Buggie

Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Two CTF maps from 221 UT Beta - now fully working in release UT

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Two CTF maps from 221 UT Beta - now fully working in release UT

Post by Leo T_C_K »

The oldest ctf face in existence (so far)

FaceOl

Picture:
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Massive post incoming of latest conversions:

CTF Maps:

Old Coret - despite the name, completely different and fresh map for most people, started as a DM map, repurposed into a ctf map found in the 221 version, now converted into regular UT:

OldCoret

"Nu Coret" Much more familiar version of Coret, this one is from the 222 leak. Some interesting differences abound though.

download nucoret

"Phraela" a never before seen lost map, just like "Old Coret" it is a gem of a map, skycity themed with ice versus fire theme and a little bit difficult to learn layout.

A bonus in form of the three 221 tutorial maps converted:

tut maps

I recommend playing them with the regular gametypes and not the tut ones as the maps can get into unwanted behavior with the deault training gametypes.

Assault maps:

the 222 tutorial map:
tutorialb
this brings it together with the 221 and the regular tutorial and the guardia versions into four whooping official versions of the same map LOL

someone make an ultimate version please with all the brushes from all versions taking guardia as a base but adding the 221 rooms and the generator objective back in too....like guardia II or the anniversary stuff?

HiSpeed;

221 HiSpeed
222 version of HS

OverLord Old:

kind of rushed this one hence the beta title, see readme...the other 222 overlord was already converted and released, either in my wip version or the one in the FCBP as Overlord][

download overlordold
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Apparently the link for phraela was missing:

phraela

btw I do want to note, now that phraela link is here, I am aware of the weird bot behavior on one of the flags when defending it, they keep running into the flag. Now this didn't occur in my initial version however because epic changed the mesh origin on the flag multiple times, i had to move it so it would align with that flag holder. However when I did so, the bots got confused so its more like looks versus functionality and I wanted it to look more like original here since the flag wasn't just on the floor like other maps...it was more elaborate.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Fix for NuCoret, asked JackHonda to at least add a blockall there at the blue base door as that happened during the rebuild which fixed some other issues but not this obviously.

As I posted on ut99.org

coretnu

..quick fix for nucoret...jackhonda added blockall at the bsp error issue at the base door
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

posting stuff I didn't finish last time around but now is ready:

as always read the readmes.

UTMetalDreamB
MetalDream Beta.

Both CTF Niven versions from betas:
utnivenpack

LavaGiant Old:
LavaGiant

Eternal Cave 221:
EternalOld

EtnernalCaves 222 version
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Read the text files as always, very interesting bits in there.

To round off the CTF maps, here's Dreary:
DrearyOld

now for the rest:
UTCobalt

UTReactor

UTKEEP

FrigatePack - contains both the 221 and 222 frigates and a hurried as version of the 221 dm version

KGalleon - contains also the AS version, this map was originally actually an assault map, see the readme file.

TwilightPack - contains the converted ut version of twilight plus as a bonus a ctf version made acording to the nonamectf config and the "dmu" version turned ctf as well.

NaliAirForce

a bonus map my version of dmsplash, with explanation provided
SplashLeo

Screenshots of everything (or almost):

Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

A post that should have technically came before this one:

-------------------
I decided to restore the lanterns for both the beta version of the lavagiant map and the released conversion/rework and...now that I have all the files transfered I am going to shoot myself because now that I examined the archive again, the one intended for the final ut is missing from the directory. Oh just fucking great. Where the hell did it end up? hope not in any of the other archives I uploaded. This is the result of me often having time to pack things at end of the day with me being completely exhausted, but its also bloody embarassing and I'd like to be shot now.

nolanternsface

I also don't know why I called the archive "face" when its lavagiant. Seems like that was not my best day...the one i packed that one at.

I will have to upload the archive for final ut separately another time...so for those who don't have the actual ut beta, ignore that archive I posted except for the readme file. because the new archive won't have the readme

--------
Another post with the actual map for UT final:

-----------
Now for the map that was supposed to be in the lantern archive for UT

CTF-UTLavaGiantOldL
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Because of some "false positives" on the original rar archive of UTKeep, it was repacked into zip by jackhonda:

zip Keep
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

Is there an AIO package with all the converted maps?
Localization project coordinator/spanish maintainer

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Neon_Knight wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:02 pm Is there an AIO package with all the converted maps?
Not really. But if you want it can be arranged, though I'd rather do it later because I still plan to convert some maps in the future. Especially domination hasn't been fully covered at all. There were still a couple of exclusive maps there and some different versions.
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

Excellent! Then I'll wait for the final version. Having all the maps in a single package is a quite convenient thing.
Localization project coordinator/spanish maintainer

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

So this is the big pack I've been preparing for a while with the rest of the exclusive maps plus some differing maps that I felt like converting also.

DOM Ratchet. An unknown author map, possibly alan willard, like described in the readme.

UTRatchet

DmLiandri. This is one of the most changed maps thorought UT developement. This is more similar to the 222 version (which ut conversion got released separately before, see the readme), but still has differences like a completely new/different floor, the outside part is not so interconnected yet, etc.

UTLiandriOld

Cathode. An old version of the BonusPack4 map Bulletproof aka Dom-Bullet. Yes, its that old, it was reused and retextured later for BP4. And given pre-release images and videos there were more versions of this map that we never got to play that were even more different.

UTCathode

Mazon, beta version. Even though ironically there were three versions of this map recovered, there's really nothing missing from the other versions that the last 222 version has. So I converted only that.

UTMazonB

Rook Beta. Unfortunately the 221 version didn't contain the earlier rook that was seen on pre-release screenshots (some high quality) and the preview image found in the UT beta 222 that I also used for this (despite it not matching this version).

So there's only one beta version of this map recovered so far unfortunately.

UTRookB

a slightly altered version as a test
with the undeleted lights restored (you don't need to download this really, its kinda redundant)
ROOKLIGHTB

Ocean Floor Beta (222) and OLD (221). Not much I can say about this except try to read the readme files.

OceanFloorB

OceanFloorOld

Fractal. One of the few cases where the official screenshot provided differed from both the beta versions and the released UT version or perhaps the only case actually.

BetaFractal

Sesmar. One of the most memorable maps of UT and having a version also in the "beta demos", this map is one of the unique examples of appearing in every single UT version known to exist. The 221 version had a unique version of egypt.utx so i tried to preserve that and also provide an edit of the 222 version with that same texture pack separately.

SesmarPack

Peak. Not too different when it comes to layout or geometry, however there is difference in texturing and inventory placement and the oldest version has some funny near-death messages too in text.

BetaUTPeak

Conveyor. This one I considered not doing or putting much priority on and it has a few problems like the 222 version is a bsp nightmare and the 221 version(s) do have some oddities like the missing hanging light that was obviously there once hence the floating corona at the lift...

ConveyorPack

Zeto. Well this one also had official screenshots in both versions so fractal is not the only one. This one changed progressively and in ut beta 221 this is the map that had stinger and pulsegun originally coexisting, because it was originally made under earlier 220 version when the pulsegun got introduced (that version is missing except I made a kind of restored version by adding the 221 pulsegun into it). The 222 version is unique in a way to acess the secret mostly and some minor things as opposed to the release version.

ZETOPACK

Pressure. Now this is kind of the inverse of the screenshot situation. They kept the same old stinky screenshot for ALL the versions and you can see in the release UT that you can see the Unreal Shellbox still on the screenshot too, haha. So to keep this unique I had to take separate screenshots. The map changed though and you can see for yourself.

PressurePack

I seriously sometimes wonder the consistency of Epic and the official screenshots, like several maps like Face, Pressure, Pyramid (I believe?) had such outdated screenshots still or screenshots that never changed thorought developement yet some rare instances had screenshots even when they weren't used in the 221 version. Just some dm maps but still. The mind boggles.... (edit: also forgot to mention lavagiant in this oddity list)

I hope you enjoy. That's all. For now. But most of the unique maps were covered. This is not every single map from the 221 beta converted yet but its very close to it. That plus all my other threads on this topic from before...
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

A smaller pack now.
Grinder from both versions AND Barricade from 222.

Beta grinder plus barricade

I decided to upload also the domination tutorial from 222 because its slightly different than the release version but only by few things like the grids, only new internal screenshot supplied.

domtutorialbeta

Fetid, both the 221 and 222 versions. the 221 one comes even from earlier in the developement and originally didn't even make use of the botpack file at all. Note that the original version more or less matches the screenshot still used on the release version even though it has been retextured at least since the 222 one...

FetidBeta

Cryptic. not so many differences between the two versions though the restored light version makes it look more different. Mostly inventory differences otherwise.

UTCrypticOld

Olden. I noticed a bug after I was finished with it and couldn't fix it in time for the release due to the windows laptop having to be shut down very often to make space etc. The bug lies with the udamages in the secret area. Obviously something changed between versions and the udamage gets crushed by the mover so there's nothing in the secret anymore lol. with the older botpacks this didn't happen.

OldenOld lol what a name...olden old....

Afaik there are only like three maps left to convert from the 221 version but I didn't make that in time.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

The last three maps (had it ready for a bit again) from the 221 beta to finally put this "project" behind me so I can focus on other stuff more.

GearBold...lol GearBoltOld

Beta 221 gearbolt

Next...I forgot to post the big image of liandriold at one point so here i'm fixing that error..

Next up is Ghardhen. the differences between 221 and 222 beta aren't that great, I decided only to convert the 221 version though the 222 version has some of the mine textures already replaced with newer ones (like in those team starting rooms with flakcannon/eightball). The main post of these conversions was always 221 anyways the 222 was bonus before and I simply didn't feel the need here.

GhardhenOld

LeadWorks. Nuff' said. Prefer this version overall (except this has less secrets but this style plus the secrets would be perfection)

LeadWOld
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

A combined archive packed by JackHonda including only the UT final conversions etc:

Especially handy for those who don't wish to download all those separate archives.

LeoUTBetaMPack

Return to “UnrealTournament Mods”