For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

MATRIX EXPLORER - UT99 Mod by Cleveyus

UnrealTournament Mod related boards can be found here. Missing one? Let me know.

Moderator: Buggie

Cleveyus
OldUnreal Member

MATRIX EXPLORER - UT99 Mod by Cleveyus

Post by Cleveyus »

MATRIX EXPLORER - for UT99.
A Mod made in 2005, were as a fan, I recreated the scenes of the first Matrix movie.

It was my really first big project.
I learned a lot from it and it make my passion for 3D and Level design still burning today.
I worked on “Unrealed”, it was the ancestor of the recent Unreal Engine.

You can Download the Mod and play it in UT99 game.
Link : https://kiomcreations.gumroad.com/l/MatrixExplorer

or simply watch the full Walkthrough here :
https://youtu.be/gNHV_nZUHts

Thanks for your support. 🐇

Cleveyus.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Cleveyus.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: MATRIX EXPLORER - UT99 Mod by Cleveyus

Post by Leo T_C_K »

oh shit I wish I could try it out. That looks dope. The skins look a bit odd like something out of a not so serious mod, but the rest looks amazing.
Cleveyus
OldUnreal Member

Post by Cleveyus »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:56 pm oh shit I wish I could try it out. That looks dope. The skins look a bit odd like something out of a not so serious mod, but the rest looks amazing.
Yes try it ! All links here, follow the Read me file and you good to go !
The skins are fun yes ;D That's why I recently made this cover, so much fun to rediscover those faces years later... thumbsup
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I can't try it because I'm in temporary accomodation/cannot run Unreal/UT currently.

I did watch the video though.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

This looks awesome! thumbsup

Am just going to move it over to the UT section though, as this one is for U1 mods :P

Edit: done!

Thank you for sharing :)
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
Moved from Unreal Mods to UnrealTournament Mods on Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:50 pm by Kajgue

Cleveyus
OldUnreal Member

Post by Cleveyus »

Kajgue wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:50 pm This looks awesome! thumbsup

Am just going to move it over to the UT section though, as this one is for U1 mods :P

Edit: done!

Thank you for sharing :)
Thank you Appreciate all !

U_Off
Cleveyus
OldUnreal Member

Post by Cleveyus »

Hello,
I just released an update with the English version of this campaign.
You only need to replace your Maps files with those inside the folder of your chosen language.
You can download it via the same link :
https://kiomcreations.gumroad.com/l/MatrixExplorer

I also upload the English version of the Walkthrough video on my channel :
https://youtu.be/grrPvcb3Wug

Thanks for your interest.

Enjoy.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

You didn't have to do that. Heard of the int files and command dumpint within the editor? dumpint map file dumps int of all the translator messages or text strings that can be translated. Unless the map contained myleveled audio too that is.

ah yea based on the video.....it is audio that's being now in english
Cleveyus
OldUnreal Member

Post by Cleveyus »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:17 pm You didn't have to do that. Heard of the int files and command dumpint within the editor? dumpint map file dumps int of all the translator messages or text strings that can be translated. Unless the map contained myleveled audio too that is.
Yes, I manually change all the text, so now when installing the campaign we can freely choose which language we need ( French or English ).
Good to know that we can also translate via your method.
Leo T_C_K wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:17 pm ah yea based on the video.....it is audio that's being now in english
Yes I also upload an English (American) audio version of the Full Walkthrough Video. Enjoy ! thumbsup
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I played through this the other day finally. And it actually works better with me watching it than playing it. there are some glitches like in the ship level you can pass through the pipes and what not and the walking speed is generally too slow for me but i know you intended it to be more realistic. The skins, especially the reception at metacortex are the most jarring part. The story is basically the original Matrix up to the dojo training with morpheus, with some alteration like actually getting to escape to the rooftops of metacortex. I find the scenes with morpheus and trinity well done/scripted, for what they are. I think this could have been made for original Unreal as there's nothing really specific to botpack here at least not in the naked eye.
Cleveyus
OldUnreal Member

Post by Cleveyus »

Hello Leo T_C_K, thanks for your sincere and deep feedback of the Mod.
I also enjoy to watch the video walkthrough, with sound design and music the immersion is much better.
Had fun to see how you noticed the reception at Metacortex :))
They are glitch in the ship level, that make me experience crash. Unfortunately I tried a lot but cant figure out where the issue from...
On the "Read Me" file included, I advice to launch the Mod with the 3DfxGlide as 3D video device, it worked well for me.
Please let me know your meaning at "there's nothing really specific to botpack here at least not in the naked eye.".
Thanks for your time and interest. thumbsup
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

As in, there doesn't seem to be anything here that couldn't run on original Unreal as opposed to UT, since you're even using the unreal singleplayer as a base for this.
fenji

Post by fenji »

I tried the mod and it looks pretty good. I agree, there are some glitches, but in any case, well done.
I didn’t know that love at first sight between a Pisces man and a Scorpio woman is so likely. It turns out that the probability is about 96%.
Cleveyus
OldUnreal Member

Post by Cleveyus »

fenji wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:45 pm I tried the mod and it looks pretty good. I agree, there are some glitches, but in any case, well done.
Thank you. Happy you like it.

Return to “UnrealTournament Mods”