For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Does anyone play unreal 2 xmp online?

Anything related to the U2XMP-Mod
oZ_INF
OldUnreal Member

Does anyone play unreal 2 xmp online?

Post by oZ_INF »

Does anyone play unreal 2 xmp online? I never seen to find any servers or players, ever :(
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Re: Does anyone play unreal 2 xmp online?

Post by Hyper »

Hm, I play it for no more than two to three times a year.

I log on to an empty server. Capture all the energy sources. Occupy some cannons. Shoot at the empty vehicles to make them burn. Run around a bit with artifacts. Remember the time when it was really fun there, together with Winged Unicorn and many other players.

Then painfully realising that I'm terribly alone there after which I continue to play Guild Wars / LotRO etc.
Last edited by Hyper on Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
oZ_INF
OldUnreal Member

Post by oZ_INF »

hehehehe :(

Do you play UT2004 with a different clan tag, Havok?
KeeperUTX
OldUnreal Member

Post by KeeperUTX »

It's an honest shame it's never really being played by anyone. XMP kinda died out quite a while ago. Even MS-DOS is more lively than XMP  :D

At least... I think.
Last edited by KeeperUTX on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azhir uval nutarus. Azhir mudas ethanul. Dalektharu il dask daku. Riftuuz e thara samanar utamus. Elas umanes azarathan rakas ibna.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

An community event would be coool.
Dr.Flay™
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dr.Flay™ »

Perhaps this thread would be a good place to ask ?
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=202255
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

There was a new masterserver and all for decades because they shut it down way early due to "atardi" retards closing down legend as a company.

But now even with the new masterserver I can't find servers anymore. I guess now it's really RIP because if you had the masterserver setup or the community edition, you could always find at least three servers.

:(
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

And nothing of value was lost
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Servers are worthless without a community of players using them.
But your best chance is here I guess:
http://www.xmpcommunity.com/

But last forum post is 2007 there. Does not promise much more than another relic from the past.
Last edited by Hyper on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

Shame. I'd love to try it for real sometime.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

Let's organise somethin' then.
I'm in for sure.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Nothing of value was lost? I used to play it fairly often and it was much more fun and realistic with the vehicles than the ut2004 onslaught and still more fun than those too-realistic games around. It was really something so well balanced and there was a resurgence in player base after the xmpcommunity went strong again. Despite there being just news post in 2007 the community went strong. I even saw a custom gametype which took hints from battlefield even though I'm not fun of it but it included flying vehicles and more. It was called conquest, just like the cut ut3 game and was developed by eq2 and co. I don't know what happened to it now. I lost the cache files too so yes something of value WAS lost. But don't worry. I have a plan...to make Unreal 2 great again.
Dr.Flay™
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dr.Flay™ »

If Epics Masterserver does not support it then perhaps talk to Darkelarious (333networks)

I have the UT2004 mod intalled, and some of the vehicles are very handy to add in real-world maps, especially the jeeps.

As with any old multiplayer games these days, you need to organise a regular weekly time slot and promote it with Facetweets so that random people find it due to looking for other related things.

The original Quake 2 Chaos clan still exist because they have a weekly fragfest, so if you miss it there is always next week.
Hook usually has a good collection of visitors each weekend (and Redeemer only games are a narrow taste)
Newbies Playground have regular events, and like the Chaos clan they also Facetweet, so always have a good turnout.

Hashtags are useful in many places now (and not just so you know which bag has which hash).

Posting in a Steam U-XMP forum would also help.
FuzzyMadness

Post by FuzzyMadness »

Hey Is anyone Interested in Playing Some U2XMP come check out XMPCommunity.com we try to play atleast 1-2 times a month and are constantly gaining new members.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

FuzzyMadness wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:40 pm Hey Is anyone Interested in Playing Some U2XMP come check out XMPCommunity.com we try to play atleast 1-2 times a month and are constantly gaining new members.
that's good news unfortnately I haven't been able to play anything online for a good while (and often not anything at all due to IRL issues).

xmpcommunity server list on the website doesn't show a thing though, why?

Return to “U2XMP-Board”