For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

.ugx

Unreal2 seems to vanish more and more too. Time to put it up here :)
volanns

.ugx

Post by volanns »

hello guys,i have stuck with this for so long that i dont really know what to do.Informations about these type of files are few so if anyone know what really are these files and how could ut2 read them please give me a hint

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbknupzvebq61sa/ui4.ugx?dl=0
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Re: .ugx

Post by yrex . »

It's a standard Unreal package containing textures stored in some weird format (called "GFxFlash"), which turns out to be raw RGBA. Unreal 2 also has some files with this extension, but they seem to contain meshes instead...
Last edited by yrex . on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My work | contact: ampoyrex at wp dot pl
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Those are Lineage 2 characters and logos, weird.
Martin Vole
OldUnreal Member

Post by Martin Vole »

Those are Lineage 2 characters and logos, weird.
Because it came from Lineage 2.

It's a standard Unreal package containing textures stored in some weird format (called "GFxFlash"), which turns out to be raw RGBA. Unreal 2 also has some files with this extension, but they seem to contain meshes instead...
In Unreal 2 They don't contain meshes, they are purely informational, like they just seem to hold information about the meshes, which are actually held in their own folders in the GOLEM *.gem format.
Last edited by Martin Vole on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
volanns

Post by volanns »

So the real meaning is that these files are made of custom/unique(Lineage2)unreal engine and are unreadable/uneditable?
Sybar

Post by Sybar »

I'm facing the same problem. I can encode ui4.ugx file and view it using JPEXS Flash Decompiler, but it's not possible to save changes.

I'm a bit stuck and frustrated.

Return to “Unreal2 General Forum”