For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal II to receive network support and more!

Unreal2 seems to vanish more and more too. Time to put it up here :)
Wastelander0101
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal II to receive network support and more!

Post by Wastelander0101 »

Great news GreatEmerald :D. I realy hope that 8gig dvd will be split into few parts for downloading. Also my question about unreal 2. For me unreal 2 had most beutifull weapons and secondary modes in unreal gaming history. But the problem was no bot support. Will there be bots in unreal 2 after the release of beta? And are there some third party multiplayer bots right now?
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Yes, there will be bot support in RC9, and yes, there are bots in the game even now (although the support is improved in RC9). But to play botmatches, you have to get the U2 Mod Menu: http://www.mediafire.com/?y30djnng2im
Then, of course, you need a map. You can get a few at mapraider.
Wastelander0101
OldUnreal Member

Yes, there will be bot support in RC9, and yes, there are bots in the game even now (although the support is improved in RC9). But to play botmatches, you have to get the U2 Mod Menu: http://www.mediafire.com/?y30djnng2im
Then, of course, you need a map. You can get a few at mapraider.
Thanx, nice mutator, i had so much fun with just bots :). Hovewer, is there a way to select bots with which i will fight? The default bots are always unreal marines...
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Nope, not implemented there. And you are always the same marine, too.
Wastelander0101
OldUnreal Member

Nope, not implemented there. And you are always the same marine, too.
Ah, its a shame, i hope it will be something in that beta u all talked about here(and still talking :) )
Illuminati
OldUnreal Member

Post by Illuminati »

This is excellent news and I'm extremely excited about RC9. By the sounds of it, it also has big potential in the modding & multiplayer scene too. As the majority of the copyrights for U2 no longer exist with Digital Extremes, as they are long gone, this a likely release, however, I remain reserved on the grounds that a release of this size and this much apparent content is always going to have complications or an element of bullshit somewhere.

Theres currently alot of hype over this (and rightly so) but it just sounds abit too promising for now. Time will tell.
Last edited by Illuminati on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuxsonic
OldUnreal Member

Post by Deuxsonic »

Is there any news on RC9? Has it been released for everyone?
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

We can't seem to find it anywhere. If only we had at least a slight indication of where to look...
Deuxsonic
OldUnreal Member

Post by Deuxsonic »

That sucks. Someone must have it if they know the condition of the DVD. It's a release candidate so the content on it is likely to be near perfect. I want to see all the cut content.

Perhaps one of the ex-Legend employees has it? Whomever had it should have leaked it by now.
U2 specific news: The RC9 DVD is in perfect condition, so we won't need to fear about having the DVD scratched. Backups are also ready, just to be sure. And we expect the RC9 to be released earlier than the rest, but still not too early.
It sounds like it's ready to go, which is why this is strange.
Last edited by Deuxsonic on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Yes, there is one backup over at UK, and the owner was about to send it, but the organisers never received it. No idea why.
Deuxsonic
OldUnreal Member

Post by Deuxsonic »

Did they try to get in touch with this guy to figure out what's going on?
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

I don't know... They were very reluctant to talk about that for some reason...
Deuxsonic
OldUnreal Member

Post by Deuxsonic »

Sounds like they're lying to you about having it.
Illuminati
OldUnreal Member

Post by Illuminati »

If this isn't bullshit, how much does he want for it. I'm from the UK and ill happily pay alot for this, even if I have to drive there to pick it up. Then I'd upload it for the rest of you.

I'm intrigued by this supposed content too.
Deuxsonic
OldUnreal Member

Post by Deuxsonic »

Unfortunately that's what I suspect, that they just wanted some attention and lied about having it. I don't see why if they had this DVD why they wouldn't simply have uploaded it's contents already and shared it with everyone.
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

No, I don't think so. They don't seek public's attention in that way and what they said is at least partially confirmed by things like Cleaned BU.
Illuminati
OldUnreal Member

Post by Illuminati »

They won't be hunted down by the government and put on the 10 most wanted list for uploading RC9. I just think its abit unfair on the community & fans for them to make an official announcement and one year later the fans receive nothing.

I agree with Deuxsonic. This is RC9, not a "Secret UFO Area 51" project lol. But as I said before, time will tell. Its been about a year since this has been announced. We shall have to see.

If they aren't going to release it or were going to be a long time releasing it, they should have kept quiet.
Last edited by Illuminati on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuxsonic
OldUnreal Member

Post by Deuxsonic »

So I mean if they're not lying, where is it? If they had it, why wouldn't they have shared it? It doesn't make any sense. I know if I had it, I would have shared it with everyone as soon as I obtained it. I mean I would pay money to get ahold of that RC if it has what is claimed. If they had it, they would provide _some_ way to get ahold of a copy. Also, you say they avoid talking about it. What reason would they have for this other than that they don't have it? The game came out 7 years ago, the developer that made it is dead, and the publisher has long since made the money they're going to make on the game.
Illuminati
OldUnreal Member

Post by Illuminati »

Legally - there are no Copyrights preventing them from doing so, as I mentioned in a post last year. As much as I agree with you man, from what ive seen, GreatEmerald and many others have tried to communicate with them, numerous times. And they are either reluctant or just ignorant, either way Its the owners problem. Not the communities.

Many people are angry about it, trust me. But unfortunately its out of our hands for the time being. It seems not even money can move this person. From here on in, its up to them what happens.
Last edited by Illuminati on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Tor might be a good job for this
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Tor? This?
Illuminati
OldUnreal Member

Post by Illuminati »

[img]http://www.bluetoast.org/files/Content40/SvenCoop/manual/images/enemies/xen/tor.png[/img]

Tor from Sven Coop 4.0? lol
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Well, like I've said, I don't know who has it. And if anyone has it. I guess I should ask about the UK guy sometime, but I doubt I could get more info on that... :-/
Illuminati
OldUnreal Member

Post by Illuminati »

If you need any help let me know. Because im in the UK, there might be a way for me to arrange a pick-up etc. Or find out some details without coming across as too 'intrusive'. He might be abit more cooperative with someone whos more local & willing to pick up a copy instead of risk international shipping etc.

Just an idea though GreatEmerald. It will save you the trouble and hassle of trying to get it. I'm confident I could get at least some details out of him. From there on in, I know alot of people... could spread it around and get it uploaded to multiple sites.
Last edited by Illuminati on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuxsonic
OldUnreal Member

Post by Deuxsonic »

Sounds like a good idea.

Return to “Unreal2 General Forum”