For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

U2GemExport

Unreal2 seems to vanish more and more too. Time to put it up here :)
Martin Vole
OldUnreal Member

U2GemExport

Post by Martin Vole »

If anyone is interested, U2GemExport is a tool that converts the Unreal 2 GEM meshes and animations to PSK and PSA, respectively.

It was made, and publicly released by VendorX at beyondunreal forums back in 2013, with help and blessings given by Chris Hargrove himself. It is no longer available online, due to files being lost on dropbox, but I do still have the tool backed up. So, enjoy!

[url=http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=05686720592209512978]LINK[/url]

Just a note, as far as I know this cannot convert weapon models. Has anyone ever converted all the weapon models?
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: U2GemExport

Post by Hellkeeper »

Woah, great! Thank you for providing this. The Golem thing is a pain in the butt, anything that can bypass it is a godsend. I guess this is one of the tools that were used to port most models for UT2004.
You must construct additional pylons.
AlCapowned
OldUnreal Member

Post by AlCapowned »

It's a great tool. One thing to note is that you'll need to import the models into Milkshape 3d and export them again, otherwise there will be a bunch of issues (unless VendorX fixed that, but I don't think he did).
Just a note, as far as I know this cannot convert weapon models. Has anyone ever converted all the weapon models?
Not as far as I know. Technically it does convert them, the problem is how they were set up to begin with. Most of the weapons are made up of a bunch of different static meshes that are attached to the skeletons by the Golem system, and some of the weapons have separate skeletons for the arms and guns that are also somehow connected by Golem (and I never did figure out how to attach the two without breaking the animations). I think I got the takkra and dispersion pistol converted at some point since those two only had one static mesh each.
Captain_Clark

Post by Captain_Clark »

We (well, Gizzy/ Bleeder) managed to convert most, if not all of the weapons from Unreal 2 to Unreal 227 for the RTNP Episodes. I'll find out how complete they are if you guys are interested. :)

SZ
Last edited by Captain_Clark on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Vole
OldUnreal Member

Post by Martin Vole »

Wait, waaait... you mean, converted, as in coded, working, and everything? Even the Spider Gun and the Singularity Cannon? Psshhh! Hell yeah, I'd be interested!

I've been converting player classes and such to 227, managed to get all Izanagi mercs, the marines, John Dalton, and the heavy Liandri so far. Even ported the gibs, that part was fun. I even have them scream when they fall for a while, like from U2.
Last edited by Martin Vole on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

Mirrored this tool here: http://www.oldunreal.com/tools.html
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Martin Vole
OldUnreal Member

Post by Martin Vole »

Mirrored this tool here: http://www.oldunreal.com/tools.html
Nice! Thanks, that'll keep it from disappearing again.
We (well, Gizzy/ Bleeder) managed to convert most, if not all of the weapons from Unreal 2 to Unreal 227 for the RTNP Episodes. I'll find out how complete they are if you guys are interested. :)

SZ
As said, I'm interested. If you guys got the Shock Lance set up, I may even be able to port the Izarians.
AlCapowned
OldUnreal Member

Post by AlCapowned »

As said, I'm interested. If you guys got the Shock Lance set up, I may even be able to port the Izarians.
The Izarians have been partially ported to Unreal for [url=http://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-resurgence/downloads/unreal-resurgence-alpha]Resurgence[/url] (without the Shock Lance), so you can use that as a base if you want.
Captain_Clark

Post by Captain_Clark »

Wait, waaait... you mean, converted, as in coded, working, and everything? Even the Spider Gun and the Singularity Cannon? Psshhh! Hell yeah, I'd be interested!

I've been converting player classes and such to 227, managed to get all Izanagi mercs, the marines, John Dalton, and the heavy Liandri so far. Even ported the gibs, that part was fun. I even have them scream when they fall for a while, like from U2.
Ok, I spoke to Bleeder about it, and he said there are a good number of the guns converted and coded, but the package is not finalised. He also said that he's not comfortable with releasing them without Delacroix's permission (as they were being ported for use in the Unreal Episodes, which Delacroix headed) so I guess we'll just have to wait and see for now. :P

SZ
Last edited by Captain_Clark on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Vole
OldUnreal Member

Post by Martin Vole »

Ok, I spoke to Bleeder about it, and he said there are a good number of the guns converted and coded, but the package is not finalised. He also said that he's not comfortable with releasing them without Delacroix's permission (as they were being ported for use in the Unreal Episodes, which Delacroix headed) so I guess we'll just have to wait and see for now. :P

SZ
Aw man, guess that is all I can do for now, guess I'll finish the final two Liandri (medium and light) in the meantime.
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

This is all I've come up with, haven't touched it in a year.

Ofcourse, this topic did remind me to finish this so who knows :)
Last edited by Bleeder91[NL] on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Vole
OldUnreal Member

Post by Martin Vole »

This is all I've come up with, haven't touched it in a year.

Ofcourse, this topic did remind me to finish this so who knows :)
Ey, you've got a good deal of them, you got the Shock Lance which is of particular interest! :) When I refine this mod of mine a bit, might make a good blend of the two. Right now I've got most of the player classes done, just mostly tweaking the armoring that comes with each weight class. Gib physics also need a bit of work, but they function about the same as in U2.

Also, the heavies slightly shake the screen for other players. May need to tweak the damage reduction values a bit for heavy's armor. Each class has its own armor, and all armor gathered is converted into the weight class specific armoring, just like in U2.
Last edited by Martin Vole on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

Oh, we should totally remake the U2XMP gamemodes in Unreal 1 with this, haha.
Martin Vole
OldUnreal Member

Post by Martin Vole »

Oh, we should totally remake the U2XMP gamemodes in Unreal 1 with this, haha.
Would love to toss it up here soon, since much of it is finished, with some exceptions of model heads needing tweaking, I nearly have all human class sets for each faction done.

The biggest problem I'm facing is duplication of powersuits in singleplayer, and the suits not being given out in deathmatch modes.

Edit: Thanks to []KAOS[]Casey both are no longer an issue!

Edit2: Seems SingularityCannon doesn't work properly with U2GemExport. A shame, given, as far as I can tell, it is a fully animated model.
Last edited by Martin Vole on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlCapowned
OldUnreal Member

Post by AlCapowned »

Hi Martin, I know it's been a while since your last edit, but here are the working model and animations for the singularity cannon (assuming you still don't have them):
[url]http://www.mediafire.com/file/3te730rscc3rc77/SingularityCannon_ModelStuff.zip[/url]
Last edited by AlCapowned on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Unreal2 General Forum”