For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

...and now?

The forum related to the Usermaps section, please ask questions here. This board is for mappers to discuss and exchange experiences
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Re: ...and now?

Post by TONI-M »

What matters, in the end is that something remains. This happens only if you enjoy yourself even if the map is poor and small.

For years I have enjoyed the maps of the authors of the article and it is to them that my levels are dedicated. I made up my mind to make a level very recently. The art is you can learn but someone there had it ...
... If I don't have fun while doing the map I will eliminate the work done. And do it again. You can find my own map at least in 3 or 4 variants. My maps do not claim anything, but I hope at least 1 have fun with them. Quality is what it is. I state that I only know 10% of the editor.

Dear hyper, if you want I send you the titan's wrath, where the chairs are 2, in a temple, and 1 is at the top of the stairs.
Ciao

... I saw your video. With the fantasy you have because you don't create a nice (bel) level. Or you could expand the previous level to NaliCastel, where the small mill is.

Ciao e grazie del consiglio. = Hello and thanks for the advice.
:)

Last edited by TONI-M on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

From this morning I work there. Soon I'll finish a small Skaarj control room. The panels will put them between the Unreal Symbol, as in the original. I rebuilt the Unreal symbol. I made several tables. A marble fireplace with 2 front columns. I put a small garden. Next time the textures will be more precise. I have divided into many environments. However beautiful to look at the same.

Ciao a Tutti.
azn
OldUnreal Member

Post by azn »

Screenshots finally?
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

I'm back from the bar now, I opened the site. Guess who I thought of writing?
As soon as the level is finished I will put the images. If you want, I'll send you a complete level with dedication. What do you think of what I wrote as a small guide on PC problems. They are real problems. Soon he signed the small control room I made with 2 octagons cut into eagle wings, and placed in a corner. Then I placed 2 keyboards on it. And 2 panels on the top.

You're right. But I modified the NaliCastel chandelier, made the small lake designed in 2d. Cut the bows as round as possible..

Ciao Simpatico Azn - Hello Nice Azn
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

Sympathetic azn; I made columns that I consider very beautiful. Instrument: Extrude do Bevel. Value 500-400
I put 2 of them together on the thinner sides. As a base I placed 3 steps of a Greek column. I put the steps at the top and bottom of the column. It looks like an hourglass column. What do you think of the idea? I colored it with Ancient red. The control room is over. Everything goes out with a button. I cut out some decorations I will use.

Ciao. Toni M. - Italia.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Friend, you should post screenshots so everyone can see your what you're talking about.

You can use Imgur for instance, click the "new post" button up on the left, no account required.
You must construct additional pylons.
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

Thank you very much. I will do what you say as soon as possible. Please if you have time, explain to me how to make artistic bows. I would like to make a sunken pool with 4 arches surrounding it.
I'm talking about a bow made up of 3 or more bows that together make it 1. I put 4 in opposition, but something is missing.
Toni-m.
Jaden Darchon (Pcube)
OldUnreal Member

Post by Jaden Darchon (Pcube) »

Thank you very much. I will do what you say as soon as possible. Please if you have time, explain to me how to make artistic bows. I would like to make a sunken pool with 4 arches surrounding it.
I'm talking about a bow made up of 3 or more bows that together make it 1. I put 4 in opposition, but something is missing.
Toni-m.
hey All !

Captain MINIGAMING here ,,

great work ! it looks Incredible. Nice one!

Try making the Bow more like a Boat. See This: Image

it will Make for a Great Minigame. !

- Other Exclamatory Remarks -
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

How nice! Thank you!
Tony

Che simpatico! Grazie!
Tony

Hello and thanks - > Ciao e grazie.

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Toni-m.
I don't understand what you are trying to build. I take it as wanting to build a arch with three pillars? In this case, I have two solutions:

1- Make half a bow and then simply copy it and rotate it twice to have 3 half-arches and join them by their summit.

2- Make half an arch in the 2DShape editor, then use the revolve function to make a section , something like 1/12th (PER 360=12, USED=1), then add it, rotate it and add it twice more.

In all cases, you will need to add a small brush where the three bows connect to act as a keystone and hide the junction.

TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

Thank you, first of all for the answer. And for your work that is free. I meant like that of. the elder. Your work will not be lost, I will insert it into a level, With a secret message I will thank you and all those who have helped me.

I meant like that of. "the elder"

Toni-m
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

Put a cone underneath, a cone on top and you will have made a generator. I made the structure, but with 4 arches. Possibly I will use it as a Skaarj generator. Thanks again.
Toni.m
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

Friend, you should post screenshots so everyone can see your what you're talking about. You can use imgur.com for instance, click the "new post" button up on the left, no account required.

Thanks to the explanations of Hellkeeper and Azn, I was able to publish the images of the levels. The 1st level is dedicated to them.

Toni-m
azn
OldUnreal Member

Post by azn »

To be honest, some of them looks really cool. You are really good with pillars and arches. Good work.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Hi Toni,

Please try to 'Edit' your posts to attach newer information rather than reposting the same one multiple times.

I understand that English is not your first language, so I'll try to see if I can find somebody who's able to help you make posts more effectively. :)

And keep up the good work with the map.
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Your map is already very large. You should stop expanding it and continue in another map, with a transition from one to the other, just like in the original game. If you add too much rooms and corridors, you will end up with errors and bugs in your geometry.

You would have a long campaign instead of just a single huge map. :)
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

I listen to your wise words. As soon as I finish the octagonal table for the white marble room. I'll finish the level. Please tell me what it means what I wrote:
Trduction of maps

Ciao gentile Hellkeeper.  - Hi kind Hellkeeper.

Post - Game Translation
Last edited by TONI-M on Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
azn
OldUnreal Member

Post by azn »

I really like that "white" celling in level 12 city. Wonder if brushes doesnt go into each other; o know they can but you will have my big respect if they do not, althought it would take some precise cutting or shaping. Anyway, it looks good.
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

One of the levels; a huge one was divided to make a smaller one. The Sacred Temple of the Cow

The Sacred Temple of the Cow

Level XXX.UNR
New Level

---------------------------

The map The blue castle has been reopened and is 100% complete

Level Obscure Temple  100%
15/08

The map has been terminated.
---------------

08/08

RC0
11/08

The last images: Dark Castle. Experimental

23/07- 18:46

26/07

28/7

02/08

04/08

Hello everyone and thanks again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I show you are the synthesis of what is an incomplete episode called Ancient Vandora. 8 levels are ready. My intention is to create 12 levels
I hope you enjoy

Level 12

Lvevel09 - Ancient Castle

Nuove Immaggini. 1

Nuove Immaggini. 2

Nuove Immaggini. 3

Nuove Immaggini. 4

Nuove Immaggini. 5

Nuove Immaggini. 6

RC10
Nuove Immaggini. 7

Level:
Level01 100%
Level02 100%
Level03 100%
Level04 100%
Level05 100%
Level06 100%
Level07 99%
Level08 90%
Level09 97% Out - inside 97%
Level10 0%
Level11 0%
Level12 0% In experimentation - 0
Level End 80%

>The next levels.

... but the demon of the sky shortly after returned ...
... At 4th level you will return to the starting place because the atrium has been freed.
You can choose to go home or accept the new mission of the prior.
>
Last edited by TONI-M on Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Fist2
OldUnreal Member

Post by Red_Fist2 »

Dear friend, I don't have an opinion on your map but I have to say your post above is very funny. You might not realize it but when writing "the gentile Hellkeeper", you probably meant "nice" of "gentle", but gentile is clearly not the word you wanted as it means not-jewish.

So it reads like you want to make it very clear I am not a jew

No, "gentle" means kind, friendly. "Hellkeeper" is how you call yourself. The translator meanwhile does his miracles ...

... the translator only allows me to understand little of your joke, but it is very funny.

The map is very large, this time monumental, with the decorations of the city of heaven. Soon I will make the doors decorated, and not only of white marble. Cutout decoration, and I do door is frame. If you want I send you Map, but it's 80% ready. Hi kind Hellkeeper

off topic, but just wanted to get this straight.

I assumed he meant "genteel" not the same as gentle, you could be a gentle person but still be rude or not helpful.
Red_Fist2
OldUnreal Member

Post by Red_Fist2 »

I think the frozen problem is the projectile itself and it's lifespan and collision in water.

It's not colliding against anything, therefore the code isn't letting the projectile lifespan know or allow it to know to disappear.

I am pretty sure if I swim into them then they go away.

And it's probably caused because those projectiles have an infinite life since they can be shot way across maps,, until it hits something, unlike other projectiles that only last a little while.
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

22/09/2019
New level: The medieval castle

17 - 08 - 2019

4 levels are final.

Level:
Level 1 - The Temple

Level x - The Sacred Temple of the Cow - Cemetery

-----------------------------------------------------
I thank GamesHarder for his help and advice.

Level XXX.UNR
New Level

The map The blue castle has been reopened and is 100% complete

Level  Obscure Temple  100%
15/08

The map has been terminated.
---------------

08/08

RC0
11/08

The last images: Dark Castle. Experimental

23/07- 18:46

26/07

28/7

02/08

04/08

Hello everyone and thanks again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I show you are the synthesis of what is an incomplete episode called Ancient Vandora. 8 levels are ready. My intention is to create 12 levels
I hope you enjoy

Level 12

Lvevel09 - Ancient Castle

Nuove Immaggini. 1

Nuove Immaggini. 2

Nuove Immaggini. 3

Nuove Immaggini. 4

Nuove Immaggini. 5

Nuove Immaggini. 6

RC10
Nuove Immaggini. 7

Level:
Level01 100%
Level02 100%
Level03 100%
Level04 100%
Level05 100%
Level06 100%
Level07 99%
Level08 90%
Level09 97% Out - inside 97%
Level10 0%
Level11 0%
Level12 0% In experimentation - 0
Level End 80%

>The next levels.

... but the demon of the sky shortly after returned ...
... At 4th level you will return to the starting place because the atrium has been freed.
You can choose to go home or accept the new mission of the prior.
>
Last edited by TONI-M on Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

New level - Completed -
Title - The Festive Castle
Dedicated to All Friends of OldUnreal

The Festive Castle

Last edited by TONI-M on Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Rabbit temple it sounds like Jazz Jackrabbit 3 alpha demo/0013D single player custom map.
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

Rabbit temple it sounds like Jazz Jackrabbit 3 alpha demo/0013D single player custom map.

Yes, bye

Return to “Usermaps”