For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Adding teleportation portal to my map

The forum related to the Usermaps section, please ask questions here. This board is for mappers to discuss and exchange experiences
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Adding teleportation portal to my map

Post by luke11685 »

For some unknown reasons my jj3d alpha demo custom map can't unmark the most of options here just like in this short tutorial.
file:///C:/Users/lukas/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa19132.43133/portalteleports.html
Can you help me solve this problem and tell me what I did wrong,please?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/a0en2vm37xk4881/PortalRoom.unr/file
Last edited by luke11685 on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Re: Adding teleportation portal to my map

Post by Kajgue »

Hi Luke,

Based on the second surface flags screenshot, it's basically saying you don't currently have any surfaces selected, which is why you can't check or uncheck any of the surface flags.

But also, do you mean you're trying to add a teleportation point to the map, or a Warpzone?
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

It's teleportation point. Teleport is not working,but map is.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/a0en2vm37xk4881/PortalRoom.unr/file
I guess it will never work in unfinished pc game like j3d.
Last edited by luke11685 on Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

You're trying to alter surface properties on an actor, which does not have surfaces.
Also, the first link you gave us was a local address on your computer, we cannot access it.

Your question is not clear because "teleportation portal" can mean either a Teleporter actor, which is an actor and does not have a surface, or a "warpzone", which works with a portal, which is a surface.

As we cannot open the tutorial you tried to link to us, we cannot determine what you're talking about and cannot guide you through the process.

From the screenshot you posted, it seems you have selected a brush. But selecting a brush does not select its surfaces, you have to manually select its surfaces until they are covered with the blue selection shade to alter them. Selecting the brush itself in the 2d viewport only allows you to access the actor properties of the brush, not the surface properties of its faces.
You must construct additional pylons.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

I did it.
Speaking of texture pack from tutorial I didn't find such textures pack in Unreal 1 Editor so I guess it was custom map for Unreal 1. However I imported it first of all I had to export it first.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

I did it.
Speaking of texture pack from tutorial I didn't find such textures pack in Unreal 1 Editor so I guess it was custom map for Unreal 1. However I imported it first of all I had to export it first.
If the tutorial was made for Unreal, then the package was a package of Unreal and JJ3D comes with different packages. Textures, sounds, etc. are game-dependent and are not common to all games sharing the same engine or editor.

Please tell us how you managed to make your teleporter and what was the issue. I'm still unable to understand what was your problem and I'd like to know if at least one of us was right. :)
You must construct additional pylons.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

This package of textures called GenEarth that isn't visible in Unreal Editor 1 for Unreal 1.
This is how the first map looked before.

As you see here I was following this tutorial all the time.
I downloaded portaltutorial.zip that user Skywolf gave me link editing.html so it's all thanks to him. It's index.html speaking of this portal tutorial.
Last edited by luke11685 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

Hi, I can ask you a question; why do you use this old version of the editor?

TONI
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Well I can update it anytime. I didn't feel such a need. I just saw no difference. Honestly I was just too busy building maps that I forgot to think about it. I just didn't think about it.

Return to “Usermaps”