For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

[Unreal'95] Karpathian Kastel - A brand new alpha experience [UGold 227i only]

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

[Unreal'95] Karpathian Kastel - A brand new alpha experience [UGold 227i only]

Post by makemeunreal »

Image The Unreal 1995 Tech Demo is an early prototype of Unreal made about two and a half years before the final game came out. Needless to say, there is an enormous difference between this and the final version. In fact, nearly everything in this prototype did not appear in the final version with the exception of the editor's 3d view. The “gameplay” in this prototype is nearly non-existent; all you can do is walk around a few levels and fire bouncing light sources at nothing. Author: ISV-makemeunreal
Platform: Unreal Gold patched up to 227i NO UT COMPATIBILITY AT ALL!
SPECIAL THANKS GOES TO: ISV-GamesHarder, ISV-sykes, ISV-Shady, ISV-Chocky - for the endless betatesting and motivation
yrex for the awesome content he creates, and all the help he gave me during the "developement" of the map.
Leo (T.C.K) for motivation and all the time he spent entertaining us by creating and unearthing content [img]http://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload/1300318496.or.56556.jpg[/img] Synopsis: An unnamed survivor of a terrible spaceship crash travels through an alien world visiting different locations in order to find his way back home.

FAQ:
What is an alpha version?
-A version prior to the final release. Alpha versions of programs tend to be very different to the final product.

Where do I find more information about the alpha versions of Unreal?
-https://tcrf.net/Proto:Unreal

How do I install this map?
-See the ReadMe file.

How can I contact you?
-Via e-mail: makemeunreal@gmail.hu

Is the map multiplayer compatible?
-Yes, but the files can't be downloaded when entering the server (Client side) due to some of the being modified vanilla actors.

During Unreal's long and ever-changing developement different ideas were used, things got cut and then replaced or reused.
3 years prior the retail release, Unreal was about to become a Quake-like dark fantasy game where the player would travel across different alien worlds using spells, and fantasy-like items.
The game would be filled with monsters such as the Half-dog, the Minotaur, Gargoyles, Dragons, Winged horses.
Some of these early models have been unearthed by dedicated fans such as Delacroix or Leo(T.C.K) [img]http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Unreal95Alpha2-480x360.png[/img] THIS MAP IS A RECREATION OF SOME OLD SCREENSHOTS DEPICTING A NEVER SEEN LONG LOST MAP. ALL THE TEXTURES WERE MADE BY ME. PLEASE DON'T COMPLAIN HOW BLURRY ETC THEY ARE, THEY ARE FAITHFUL ENOUGH FOR ME AT LEAST.

Also, please let me know if you managed to find every secret and the hyper-super secret as well. I am pretty sure that It will take a while for somebody to find it!!! :D

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8em2jbwy5hua ... l.rar?dl=1
Last edited by makemeunreal on Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Re: [Unreal'95] Karpathian Kastel - A brand new alpha experience [UGold 227i only]

Post by TONI-M »

Really nice!
I've already downloaded it. I will play it as soon as possible.

Toni.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Re: [Unreal'95] Karpathian Kastel - A brand new alpha experience [UGold 227i only]

Post by luke11685 »

If Unreal Engine/Editor 1 latest patch version 227i is working does it mean it was ported to ue2?
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

@Luke

No, version 227i is just the version number which the new patch uses :) It's different to Unreal Engine 2 :P
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Where can I find you in discord server? In which one? Do you have TeamViewer?

Return to “Unreal Projects”