For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 in 3D Lowpoly Cutscenes

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 in 3D Lowpoly Cutscenes

Post by luke11685 »

Do you guys think Unreal Engine/Editor 1 would handle this level map as cutscene?
I used old logos from estimate circa Anno Domini of year of 1999. In style of Unreal 1(Gold Edition). With retro nostalgic low poly aesthetics.
Clouds are looking little bit deformed. It's just only(start)beginning. I would have to extract cutscenes backgrounds from the game Jazz Jackrabbit 2 The Secret Files somehow. I don't know how. I have no idea.
I did new 3D low poly Jazz Jackrabbit character model because I wouldn't know how to use older one.
Perhaps I shouldn't use Mirror modifier in Blender.
If I could do separate logos in 3D it longer,more complex,complicated,difficult,chalenging than intros from Deus Ex 1(original one).
Inspired by Naali Castle Intro from Unreal 1(Gold Edition).
Some meshes,vertices low triangular 3D polygons are looking different in Object Mode and in Edit Mode.
What's wrong with these vertices why there are some holes there?

Why it is written that last time it was modified interpreting artificial intelligence bot algorithm programming script from 1970's? Same thing goes on jazz2online forum/server community if someone is making new account in case if previous one was banned.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Re: Jazz Jackrabbit 2 in 3D Lowpoly Cutscenes

Post by luke11685 »

How to pack character 3d models and 3d animations if these kind of assets were extracted by using Unreal Model Viewer?
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

11.30/11.3MB that's the file weight size. So how many time 2D animation frames gonna be? Quick reminder I'm not mathematical physical genious,not even expert,not professional(mindblowing stuff to me).
How many frames per seconds it's gonna be guys?
Knowing that it could be only maximum per minimum more than 500 of Adobe Photoshop layers(option from begging/start to ending).
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

I forgot adding him wrists bands.
I'm just trying to be humble guy. There's still much work to be done. And so much time shorty left behind.
How is it like guys? Small progresses,right?
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Are Jazz Jackrabbit 2 2D Cutscenes extractable? Because Jazz Jackrabbit,Spaz Jackrabbit,Lori Jackrabbit,Princess Eva Earlong,Devan Shell and Misc. rabbits(royal wedding guests)maybe including unused cutscenes if they are still present somehow,somewhere in Jazz Jackrabbit 2 The Secret Files as unused scrapped,cut game contents in 1999 in past.
According to this website they are not.
https://moddingwiki.shikadi.net/wiki/Jazz_Jackrabbit_2
These characters are interrupting me during cutscenes 3D recreation.
I'm expecting extraction of empty backgrounds(still within view landscapes,but without any characters).
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Are there some unofficial Unreal Engine 1 fanmade,open source cutscenes tutorials documentaries entries on this forum guys?

Return to “Unreal Projects”