For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Corona visible trough static mesh

UnrealEd 2.1 (227i) and UnrealEd 2.2 (227j), for Unreal 227. With many additions, bugfixes and improvements. Ask mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks.
Youri87
OldUnreal Member

Corona visible trough static mesh

Post by Youri87 »

Is there a way to let static meshes block a coronalight?
I made some wall mounted torches (static mesh) and in the fires on top i put a dynamic corona and i don't want it to shine through the static mesh, as if you walk underneath it you'll see the lensflare through it. And it looks odd. I want it only visible if the player is in a direct line of sight with the light (just like with normal brushes blocking light)
I know in UT2k4 there are some flags to switch this on and off, but i can't find how to do it in Unrealed2.1. I'm currently using 227i

Grtz Youri
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Re: Corona visible trough static mesh

Post by Neon_Knight »

Tried updating to v227j? It has a LOT of Editor, Engine and Renderer fixes, and it was released two weeks ago.
Localization project coordinator/spanish maintainer

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
Youri87
OldUnreal Member

Post by Youri87 »

Neon_Knight wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:52 pm Tried updating to v227j? It has a LOT of Editor, Engine and Renderer fixes, and it was released two weeks ago.
Ok I updated to unreal 227j, but i still can't figure it out. Is it even possible in Unreal / UT ?
Krull0r
Global Moderator

Post by Krull0r »

In the DynamicCorona properties is a property under DynamicCorona which allows you to set sight checks. I can’t check the right name of the option right now but it’s a switch where you can set world, movers and actors.

Set it to actors and your corona does not shine through anything anymore :)

It’s important that the meshes have collision enabled otherwise the corona will keep shining through your meshes.
Youri87
OldUnreal Member

Post by Youri87 »

Krull0r wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:08 am In the DynamicCorona properties is a property under DynamicCorona which allows you to set sight checks. I can’t check the right name of the option right now but it’s a switch where you can set world, movers and actors.

Set it to actors and your corona does not shine through anything anymore :)

It’s important that the meshes have collision enabled otherwise the corona will keep shining through your meshes.
Thanks thx , it worked just fine. Although in the editor it will still shine trough the static meshes, but i tested it ingame and it worked properly.
thumbsup

Return to “UnrealEd 2.x, the Unreal 227 editors”