For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Teleport at ending a level to menu?

UnrealEd 2.1 (227i) and UnrealEd 2.2 (227j), for Unreal 227. With many additions, bugfixes and improvements. Ask mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks.
PeterOostrik
OldUnreal Member

Teleport at ending a level to menu?

Post by PeterOostrik »

I finished my SP campaign, is there a way to use a teleporter or something to get back to the menu? In short; When the player hits the end of the level I want the game to go back to the menu..
The way life for a leveldesigner is one without pathnodes...
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Re: Teleport at ending a level to menu?

Post by Kajgue »

Heya Peter,

I think if you set the level destination to unreal.unr it should return the player to the flyby, or you can try vortex2.unr to return them to the main campaign, as i don't know if it will keep their weapons if they return to the flyby, it may end up looking weird depending on what you're trying to achieve :O

I hope this helps. :)
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Teleport at ending a level to menu?

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Use the OEMEnd actor. It was used in Unreal Special Edition (except it wasn't included due to a mistake causing dark arena to load unless you downloaded a fix which no longer exists and which I had to recreate at one point).

The Dark Arena map used it, it used to pop up the order menu, due to order menu not being there it will pop up menu slot with the same number which is I believe either quit or options. But its close enough, otherwise there are custom scripts which can do the same job. Another thing if you want to destroy the weapons is to make it go to a map that has the UnrealI.EndGame or make a zone that has destruction of items, however it only worked reliably on 220. Or use special classes like triggereddeath variants (but this goes more to custom code) and only then have player transported to flyby to make sure he lost the weapons. You can make combination of those methods too. OEMEND is under keypoint btw and is part of unrealshare.

Return to “UnrealEd 2.x, the Unreal 227 editors”