For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Weapon Meshes

The section related to UnrealScript and modding. This board is for coders to discuss and exchange experiences or ask questions.
Deuxsonic
OldUnreal Member

Weapon Meshes

Post by Deuxsonic »

I'm curious if there is a way through the UnrealScript to flip a mesh along an axis. Is it maybe something I'm missing in Default Properties?
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Re: Weapon Meshes

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

in 227 you can use DrawScale3D, setting the y value to -1 flips it along that axis.
Last edited by Bleeder91[NL] on Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

I answered this for you over at ut99 for the non-227 version too.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
Deuxsonic
OldUnreal Member

Post by Deuxsonic »

Thanks. The DrawScale3D method is simple.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

What if the mesh contains animations...or is this pretty much for static uses?
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

Any mesh, I use it for dualwielding the minigun for example :)
Deuxsonic
OldUnreal Member

Post by Deuxsonic »

I've been using DrawScale3D to flip meshes now, but I have 1 that I want to flip, the pickup mesh for the Rifle, but DrawScale3D flips both meshes and the pickup mesh is for some reason mirrored in comparison to the view mesh. Is there a way to apply this solely to the pickup mesh that doesn't involve exporting and reimporting the mesh? I haven't been successful using the following line as UnrealEd seems to simply ignore it when the changed script is compiled:

#exec MESH IMPORT MESH=RiPick ANIVFILE=RiPick_a.3d DATAFILE=RiPick_d.3d LODSTYLE=10 UnMirror=1

Here is what I'm trying to address:

Also, the blades on the end of the gun for the view mesh are visible from the bottom and not the top. Is there a way to change this?

Last edited by Deuxsonic on Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

You could do

Code: Select all

simulated function RenderOverlays(Canvas Canvas)
{
      DrawScale3D.Y=1;
      Super.RenderOverlays(Canvas);
      DrawScale3D.Y=-1;
}
on the Rifle code.

As for the front blades, making that two-sided fixes not being able to see them, but it does cause lighting issues as light is applied from the bottom. Redoing the surfacing of the mesh is the best option here.
Last edited by Bleeder91[NL] on Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuxsonic
OldUnreal Member

Post by Deuxsonic »

I tried adding that function to the UnrealI.Rifle code at the top below the exec statements and it doesn't appear to have any effect.

I also tried making the whole rifle texture UnrealI.Skins.JRifle1 two-sided under Surface under its respective properties which didn't appear to do anything.

Since the blades are just flat triangles, could these 6 faces' normals just be flipped so that the textured side faces up rather than down? Being a view mesh, the bottom side is the side that doesn't need to be textured, rather than the top. The problem is that I'm totally new at all of this.
Last edited by Deuxsonic on Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

A simple way is to use UnrealFX and make those faces 2-sided and see what the results look like.

Return to “UScript Board”