For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Something simple. UE will not give me a .u file

The section related to UnrealScript and modding. This board is for coders to discuss and exchange experiences or ask questions.
thenewkgb
OldUnreal Member

Something simple. UE will not give me a .u file

Post by thenewkgb »

Hello
I have tried both 2.0 and 2.1.
I have opened the Actor Browser and created "New..." on FlakCannon. I rename my new class as "multicannon" in both boxes.

When I compile changed scripts I receive a "Success: Compiled .... " info.

To save the package I click the disk icon or File->Save selected package. This brings up a flash of saving box but closes instantly.

The only way I can write to my hard drive is by exporting selected package, but this will only write a .uc file with is compiled later on.

I cannot find any .u file within my UT folders named MultiCannon. I'm unwell at home and can't really leave my flat due to health reasons, so Unreal is all I can really do.

[edit] also "summon multicannon.multicannon" does not work in Unreal. Compiling All Scripts in 2.1 with the 277i patch crashes UEd.

Thanks for understanding, I hope.
Last edited by thenewkgb on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Re: Something simple. UE will not give me a .u file

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

See if you've got the package checked before saving (I have no idea if UT works the same but as you mentioned "save selected packages" I assume it does :)):
Last edited by Bleeder91[NL] on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “UScript Board”