For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

SkaarjShrinker mutator

The section related to UnrealScript and modding. This board is for coders to discuss and exchange experiences or ask questions.
(T:S:B)Legionnaire
OldUnreal Member

SkaarjShrinker mutator

Post by (T:S:B)Legionnaire »

i've been trying to make a mutator that would reduce the skaarjplayer's collisionheight and collisionradius to the standard human size.

i've asked some ppl to help out, but in the end we always got stuck on something. Pravin helped me a lot (thanks man!!) but we still didnt quite get there

what i tried in the beginning:
the mutator would simply reduce the height of any skaarjplayer. this only worked offline. online it didnt work for some reason..
then i tried:
making an item that would change the player's collisionheight/size if he was a skaarjplayer. if the player would pick up the item it would work, both offline and online. however, as a mutator, i had to get the item to the player. so the mutator spawned the item, and put it on the player's location. the player received the item, but it still fukked up for some reason. the client doesnt pick up the new collisionheight/radius.

i've been at it for quite a few days now, and i still cant figure out how to fix this issue.

this mutator is important because i need it for my RTNP release v1.1 because it turns out that about half the maps aren't playable as skaarjplayer, and its relatively impossible to edit them all so the skaarjplayer can play them too. so shrinking the player to regular human size is my own possible solution.

if any of u could do this i would GREATLY appreciate it!!

this is what i have so far:
[url]http://rolandunreal.ismywebsite.com/unreal/temp/SkaarjShrinker.u[/url]
about:blank
OldUnreal Member

Re: SkaarjShrinker mutator

i kinda fixed it.. what i have now is an activatable item for skaarj players so they can choose to be human size or skaarj size.
KillerSkaarj
OldUnreal Member

Post by KillerSkaarj »

I hope this is fully fixed and used universally so I can go back to using those badass Skaarj trooper skins  ;D

btw 600 posts :D
Last edited by KillerSkaarj on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ
OldUnreal Member

Post by [§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ »

There MUST be a way to do it without the item (I don't understand why it doesn't work though).
OldUnreal Member

well, it comes with the new RTNP v1.1, its called SkaarjShrinker.
it's got a special read me if u install the rtnp thing, look in ur help folder

[url]http://www.rolandunreal.tk/[/url]
Last edited by (T:S:B)Legionnaire on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
strategy-(DOG)-
OldUnreal Member

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

is this mutator still available somewhere? the links seem to be dead meanwhile...
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

The next time I see Roland I will let him know you want this mutator. :)
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
strategy-(DOG)-
OldUnreal Member

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

thank you! meanwhile i got in hold of that mutator but unfortunately it is not compatible with 227j...
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
OldUnreal Member

Hey, I don't have access to the files yet (different PC).. I'll be able to have a look probably sometime on Monday.

From what I remember, I just created an item that modified the PlayerPawn's CollisionWidth and CollisionHeight--so quite simple, and not really much of a 'Mutator'. It might have done a few things more, I'll have a look on Monday. :)
joeydonbaker
OldUnreal Member

Post by joeydonbaker »

Is there a version of this mutator that works with 227j? I tried it also and it doesn't work with 227j. It loads it but doesn't give the Skaarj an inventory item. I tried looking at the source but I don't fully understand it. I tried changing CollisionHeight and CollisionRadius with the JCoopZ AutoRunCommand but that looks to only run once at map start, it would need to be run after the player joins I think.

Or is there anyone who knows how to code a basic mutator that changes the two default properties for SkaarjPlayer:

CollisionHeight 39
CollisionRadius 17

When playing on THS-RTNP maps, the SkaarjPlayer can't get to certain places because it won't fit.
joeydonbaker
OldUnreal Member

Post by joeydonbaker »

I found something called bSupportsRealCrouching...

Not fully sure if that's the answer but it does appear to reduce the CollisionHeight and I can crouch into spots not normally able to be gotten to. This will allow anyone that happens to use the Skaarj (or Nali) skins to get past any tight spots in RTNP maps.

Admin Set LevelInfo bSupportsRealCrouching true

(anyone else use that before???)
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

yea it was one of the thingd the new patch introduces (this being one of the few things that dont break compat outright) to support new packs that can choose to have easy way for crouching.

but yea roland's rtnp came with this, didn't realize it didnt work anymore on 227 stuff

Return to “UScript Board”