For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

A suject asked by a predecessor

The section related to UnrealScript and modding. This board is for coders to discuss and exchange experiences or ask questions.
Jojonew

A suject asked by a predecessor

Post by Jojonew »

Dears
if someone can give informatiom
Background: I tired to modify an old game named SEPHIROTH that a predecessor metioned here before, But there is no tutorial and result.
Here is the link:
http://www.oldunreal.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2754&p=28130&hilit=Turf+Battles&sid=7d397d3a8783a02de129479a372803e7#p28130

And I did what this senior did,like importing the new models to the game etc.... bu just modify the models.
I cannot rebuild the game package.U file, as im a new beginer for UnrealED. i got many toolings for modification.
Tooling list:
1:Umodel
2:UE Explorer
3:UTPT
4:3DsMAX
5:UT2004‘s editor
Now i kinda think to modify some effect on my weapon, and I Know ED can make it. but I want to use the game's rule to change the effect.
and I found the Effect package. I tried to rebuild but it failed because the games' ucc were different.
My troubles are:
1: Is it possible to rebuild the ucc of this game and how?
2: Is there a tutorial to rebuild the .u package when there is no ucc for the original game
Thanks for any meaningful information you can provide. It would be nice to have a step by step tutorial.

BR
Jojonew

Re: A suject asked by a predecessor

Post by Jojonew »

Almost dead…..
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: A suject asked by a predecessor

Post by Leo T_C_K »

If we had the game it might be possible to help you, but we don't. Most of us didn't even hear this game existed let alone any specifics.

Its also easy to miss this topic, but not so many people visit oldunreal anymore sadly.

Return to “UScript Board”