For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Fluid "haze" glitch...

To find and remove the bugs we needed every bug known in current 226. You can still review them here.
Tronovision
OldUnreal Member

Fluid "haze" glitch...

Post by Tronovision »

I noticed while playing a number of times that the "haze" that is seen to give the impression that you are looking through a fluid, fails to come on sometimes after being submerged. Although, I am not sure whether this is simply a problem with my computer or something everyone is having happen and could be potentially fixed... This is a pretty minute glitch (if it is a glitch) but I thought I would mention it anyway.

-Tronovision
(P.S. Has anyone else experienced this too or is it a problem with just my system?)
Pcube

Re: Fluid "haze" glitch...

Post by Pcube »

I think that has to do with the unreliability (online) of one of the view fog functions, like ClientFlashFog() or something. I've had this "bug" too.
Last edited by Pcube on Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Turboman. »

i'm having the same problem as you do, the haze often fails to turn on after submerging and takes often 5 a 10 seconds to switch on.
i think i got this problem mainly when i started using the oldunreal opengl drivers, but then i have no idea, it might be caused by other things too.
Tronovision
OldUnreal Member

Post by Tronovision »

Yes, I believe it started happening to me when I began using OpenGL as well. Another phenomena which happens occasionally is that when I start Unreal by opening a deathmatch map there is a partial or totally blacked out section of the screen. Although, if you start walking around (perhaps into a new zone), the screen refeshes itself and everything is back to normal. Also another way I found you could correct this was to change from full-screen to window-screen and then back to full screen. Has anyone else had this glitch?
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

i use OpenGL and i've never had this glitch.
Last edited by Shivaxi on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image  Image
Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Turboman. »

another bug i have in oldunreal opengl is the draw distance limit, whereas the standard unreal renderers allow full rendering of the scene, opengl blacks out the distance in a gigantic HOM/void (probably anything further then 1km...
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

Yeah i noticed that too....have no idea how to fix that though :-/
Image  Image
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

About the Fluid haze glitch, i think most people here in this thread use S3TC textures.

Though the texures cause little problems if any, there are a few things i noticed while playing. I would like to have a look at it to see if its relateed to the S3TC textures.

Can you guys give me a map and the location in that map where the glitch can be seen?
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

DìèHárdsDòG»§ÇW §

Reply #7 - Oct 13th, 2007, 7:37pm  Quote   About the Fluid haze glitch, i think most people here in this thread use S3TC textures.

Though the texures cause little problems if any, there are a few things i noticed while playing. I would like to have a look at it to see if its relateed to the S3TC textures.

Can you guys give me a map and the location in that map where the glitch can be seen?

Anyone ?

Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Turboman. »

not much in relation to s3tc, either with textures enabled or disabled it appears in opengl, as for specific locations, about any waterzone could randomly suffer that glitch (making me believe it is a coding related issue)
Last edited by Turboman. on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Report Bugs in Unreal 226 versions”