For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Rune steam gift

Dash through horders of enemies and slay your way to valhalla.
PlayerPawn
OldUnreal Member

Rune steam gift

Post by PlayerPawn »

Woah, there is a Rune section around here now? Nice.

Just wanted to say that I have an extra steam gift of Rune Classic for anyone who doesn't have the game in their steam library already. Just leave a message here if you want it.
Last edited by PlayerPawn on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
han
Global Moderator

Re: Rune steam gift

Post by han »

If you still have the copy I would like to have the copy, since it's a different version compared to non steam versions.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/hanfling/
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.
PlayerPawn
OldUnreal Member

Re: Rune steam gift

Post by PlayerPawn »

Sorry, someone already asked for it in a PM and I said he could have it. Unfortunately I only have 1 gift right now, but if I ever get another gift I will leave a message here again.

And yes, the steam version of Rune is indeed a little different from the older CD versions. I am not 100% sure about this, but I think a lot of the new stuff in single-player mode actually comes from the PS2 version of the game.

I have never played the PS2 version myself so I don't know how much alike the two versions are. But the steam version at least has a few new monsters which I think I have seen some PS2 footage of before and there are also some of the original maps missing.

Other than that they added Steam achievements, added OpenAL, fixed some stuff in IpDrv and also included all the previous major versions of the game so you would be able to join all servers in multi-player mode.

I am not using Windows right now so I can't check, but I also think they included the official Rune soundtrack. There are some pretty epic music there. I remember reading somewhere that the guy who made the music for Rune, Mike Larsen(?) got his inspiration from the Conan the Barbarian movie. ;)

Return to “Rune”