For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Bugs in Jazz Jackrabbit 3 demo level editor

Here you can add and find information and help for other Unreal Engine titles. Currently for UE1 and UE2 based software.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Bugs in Jazz Jackrabbit 3 demo level editor

Post by luke11685 »

I installed 227i patch for Unreal Gold especially to Unreal Editor.If sometimes some map is loading or I want to preview or extract some textures this error message keeps popping up.How to fix it?
it happens when I want to preview and even try to extract textures.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Bugs in Jazz Jackrabbit 3 demo level editor

Post by makemeunreal »

Just simply copy the textures over to UGold. It runs them just fine. You can also copy some of the .u files over to get even more textures.
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

One thing that I've found is that when you do the initial (first) install of Unreal Gold and you also install the Editor at that time (checking the box), when you later patch the Editor (UEdFix4 or even the 227 patch) it frequently has various errors, including viewport ones. I always suggest that you do a fresh install of the game WITHOUT the Editor, and then use the patch. UEdFix4 and the 227(s) contain a fixed Editor, so if you don't install the broken Editor when you install the game you'll be getting a fresh, fixed Editor and not just overwriting the broken one. Getting the Editor this way tends to have fewer errors. I've NOT installed the Editor off my original Unreal Gold CD since 2002, and I've never had any of the various errors other have posted at Oldunreal.
Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
:-)_~
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

Hi Buster; With the classic procedure can you have errors like BSP holes or oddities only?

TONI-M
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

BSP holes, etc, are build thing. Too many weird cuts, stuff like that. A fresh install of the Editor fixes problems that come up with patching the older Editor. The problems that you've been struggling with seem to be the problems that come up with BSP cuts, and stuff like that. Not having pillars touching the ceilings and floors, using semi-solids and other techniques are the fix. Not just a fresh install, though it won't hurt.
Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
:-)_~
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

Thanks for your kind reply Buster. Yes, it is. I realized that shortening a corridor a good hole disappeared. But only after 4 hours of testing ... The most problematic form is the cylinder. I hope you are fine. Thanks TONI-M.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

This Unreal Editor 1 have indeed lots of unfixed bugs while making designs.

Return to “Unreal Engine 1 and 2”